LegacyGT.com

LGT vs. Acura TL - observations from a road course

my buddy's TL is a luxo-barge, and he knows it. But it has a nice interior!

But he compensates by telling me that it's a grown up, classy ride for a 30 year old, and he's not some kid on a skateboard anymore.

He says all this while rolling his eyes at my wagon.:lol:

I didn't know Legacy wagons were for the youngin's?

My buddy doesn't like riding in my wagon, as he knows it's a serious performance car now- for a wagon:lol:.

He didn't like how quick and nimble it was stock, he didn't like the ride up to Whistler at stage 1, and he sure as Hell didn't like the shotgun ride in the backroads at stage 2.

I tried to get him to buy BIU's super-sedan, but he relented stating that Acura is a better brand for his clients to see him in.

I :lol:'d, and said I understand... while giving him a huge :rolleyes:.

I took my stock tire stock LGT to an event at the Milwaukee Mile with the Northwoods Shelby Club last year since it was raining in the morning and my 540 RWHP Mustang on dry DOT racing tires was going to find the wall.

The LGT was the fastest car on the track, so much so that I had to run with group 1 which included the AMS EVO which was running Falken RT 615s. When the track dried out completely I dropped back two groups since I was giving up somewhere between 150-400 horsepower and running on all season tires. I made up the ground I lost on the oval braking and in the infield.

I'll probably take the now modified LGT to any slower track events since it's probably as fast as the Mustang on tight courses and is much much easier to drive.

Archived