LegacyGT.com

I want my full power back!

I have had to baby my clutch for the past 8 months because I couldnt afford to put a new clutch in it. Last week I just got around to it and it feels real good to have it back but..... under a decent load it feels like it hesitates all the way through the gear mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear. The engine is all stock and I'm at 45,000 miles. I havn't replaced the spark plugs could this be why?? any suggestions?

I bought the car with less than 3 thousand miles on it. Clutch felt perfect when I bought it and at 38,000 miles it started slipping a little bit in 5th... then slowly got worse and worse. I never launched the car or beat on it much really at all. The clutches just suck and I say start saving for a new clutch now so you can replace it when the time comes.....

now does anyone know why my car is running rough??

question of the this thread......... whats wrong with my car??

Need more info. Any mods to the car? This could well be the dreaded and much-discussed stutter, which you may not have observed until now because you were babying the clutch. Spark plugs should be fine at that mileage, they're good until 60,000 I believe.

Or maybe it just doesn't like the new flywheel. Stock flywheel, lightweight? Same for clutch...what brand, model, stock,...?

Check the air filter? Oil? Oil filter? Fuel? Throttle position sending unit? Exhaust bearings? You didn't get any soap on the intercooler, did you?

Yes I'm partly being a smarta$$, but hopefully you see that the wise and knowledgeable people on the thread (not me) probably need more info to even attempt a diagnosis.

did you resurface/clean your flywheel when you repl the clutch?

Can't you people read ? He has the ACT Lite flywheel and clutch combo - the WRX setup that is.

Clean your air filter, clean your MAF, reset the ECU and then change the plugs if it does not help. Plugs are supposed to be changed every 60 k miles so you are getting close. Most likely your ECU learned that you drive slowly and just needs to relearn a different style of driving. Kinda bad timing now with gas around 4 dollars a gallon to be driving aggressively.

Lol, its probably just the common boxer engine rough idle, tons of people on here have talked about it, at idle the cars runs a little rough, it just happesn usually starts around 40kmiles. The car runs great when you get on it but rough at idle, im not sure why you car feels slow in 2nd and 3rd but alot of people have rough idle. The rpms dont move around, there is just a tiny background vibration at idle.

Lol, its probably just the common boxer engine rough idle, tons of people on here have talked about it, at idle the cars runs a little rough, it just happesn usually starts around 40kmiles. The car runs great when you get on it but rough at idle, im not sure why you car feels slow in 2nd and 3rd but alot of people have rough idle. The rpms dont move around, there is just a tiny background vibration at idle.

My 1996 had over 140K on the ODO, from 30k on the car always that slight rough idle. When I got the LGT the car was perfectly smooth until around 35K, then the rough idle showed up.

As for the original poster, the people above have it right, change the plugs, the air cleaner ETC. And reset the ECU

Great, so the turbo and clutch will both go at about 60K miles, and the idle will become nice and rough at 30K......I thought these are supposed to be reliable cars?! How frustrating!

Archived