LegacyGT.com

I want my full power back!

The rough idle effects nothing, other than you have to deal with a slight vibrations,when stopped, its barely noticable. as for the turbo, its a turbo and turbos blow up, they all do some last 40kmiles some last 140kmiles. Clutchs can last forever, its jsut another question of how hard do you launch. Its a AWD car, if you hit the rev limiter everytime you you launch its not gonna last forever. Clutchs are meant to be used and abused and so are turbos, if you dont wanna deal with it, get a 5EAT 3.0r.

I agree, they need a stronger clutch. I have never owned a standard where the clutch would go after only 40K, no matter how hard I am on it. I have driven a good few and have never had to replace the clutch with less than 125K miles on it.

If the turbo lasts 140K, no problem, but again, 40K on a stock turbo is an indication of a major problem (unless of course the car is not taken care of or is being modified).

I have had to baby my clutch for the past 8 months because I couldnt afford to put a new clutch in it. Last week I just got around to it and it feels real good to have it back but..... under a decent load it feels like it hesitates all the way through the gear mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear. The engine is all stock and I'm at 45,000 miles. I havn't replaced the spark plugs could this be why?? any suggestions?

You probably have fouled spark plugs since you have been driving your car easy for a long time. If you drive the car hard so that your engine is working hard for a long time, those deposits will eventually burn off. I don't know how long that should take.

Have a look at the attached PDF. Look on page 2 under "Inspection." I bet your plugs are carbon fouled like in condition #2.

02 - Spark Plug.pdf

I've had more than my share of Subies. Most of them developed hesitation when the air is thick and humidity is high. A quick ECU reset usually solved the problem temporarily. Older LGT's had overly sensitive knock sensors (well documented) and would run sluggish after oil changes (turbulence in the oil filter as it fills up for the first time was thought to be the culprit) I personally find it very annoying my 05 LGT also goes thru retard (timing) mode from time to time. Started around 45,000 miles. My wrx was no different. Just gotta live with it and do ECU resets often.

Can't you people read ? He has the ACT Lite flywheel and clutch combo - the WRX setup that is.

Clean your air filter, clean your MAF, reset the ECU and then change the plugs if it does not help. Plugs are supposed to be changed every 60 k miles so you are getting close. Most likely your ECU learned that you drive slowly and just needs to relearn a different style of driving. Kinda bad timing now with gas around 4 dollars a gallon to be driving aggressively.

Hey man I can read but maybe there needs to be a refresher course on replacing a CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL COMBO. Just because it is new does not mean it is ready to "throw in". I'll let you use the search tool if you are that curious.

Engine was a little rougher this morning...... starting to make me nervous. Still runs perfect when not idleing though......

I forgot to ask is it rough as in the hole car is shaking, the rough idle I have been talking about is more like a slight purr.

If your car is very rough as in its shaking the car, I would definetly change the plugs. If it keeps that up after the plug change take it to Subaru.

Are you showing and codes in the trip display?

Archived