LegacyGT.com

2009 Maxima.

Forgive me for being simplistic here, but I honestly cannot see why anyone would get a Maxima. Save a few $$$ & get aa beautiful Altima, or spend a few $$$ more & get a G35/37. What am I missing about the Maxima.

Maxima owners are very loyal to their cars. The cars are really nice. I just can't beyond the Altima comparisons.

Thanks.

Jesse

I agree. The Altima is a very nice car and I'm sure it steals a lot of sales from Maxima. Maxima needs more to distinguish itself from the Altima. Maxima is bring back it's 4DSC (4 Doors Sports Car) moniker so something like a turbo or AWD would certainly fit that description better.

Front and back profiles are alright... side profile is strange.

I really like the current Maxima.

Big, comfortable, quick, I would have considered it if it was AWD/ RWD.

Alas, the only Nissan product that I would now really consider selling my wagon for is the '03-'05 M45.

Nice big V8, and RWD. Great JDM looks too...:cool:

Alas, the only Nissan product that I would now really consider selling my wagon for is the '03-'05 M45.

Nice big V8, and RWD. Great JDM looks too...:cool:

The 03 and 04 M45 were on my short list. The MY05 was the debut of the new body style.

03, 04

http://images.automotive.com/stock/300/INFINITI/M45/2004/4SA.JPG

05+

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/01/10/000288.1-lg.jpg

Need AWD, buy a Murano. That's what Nissan wants.

Problem is, that AWD is only a wannabe AWD (IOW Only/If/Then). And, like the Maxima, the drivetrain is facing the wrong direction... Can you say torque steer, even with a LSD front diff, which I'm not even sure that the Maxima still uses in this day and age of TC. Ponderous, up/down, plowing, yawing on turns when driven at anything approaching alacrity - no thanks

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

IMO, it's much better looking than the current generation abomination that is sold as the Nissan Maxima. That said, however, I'd still never consider it because it's FWD. If I wanted a FWD car, I'd buy a Honda Fit and get 33 mpg. Otherwise, I'd buy a real car. :lol:

Archived