LegacyGT.com

Race Comp Engineering!!!!!

05stiw

I am new to the LGT world and I should have my car by next week sometime!

My question is does anyone know if RCE makes springs for the LGT's???

Thank You

Mike|:rolleyes:

I think they just have the coil overs. Why don't you PM them? They are a vendor here.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Any good recommendations on springs???

Mike|;)

Raelly depends on what you want from the spring. I have Tein H techs and they offer a nice drop (as far as I'd go for a daily especially if your using the stock struts.) No matter what you go with, they will ride a ton better with aftermarket/JDM struts like Bilsteins, Tokico, Koni....

If your looking for very firm responsive ride then your better off saving for coilovers and Megan Racings are probably the best entry level coilover for the price.

Raelly depends on what you want from the spring. I have Tein H techs and they offer a nice drop (as far as I'd go for a daily especially if your using the stock struts.) No matter what you go with, they will ride a ton better with aftermarket/JDM struts like Bilsteins, Tokico, Koni....

If your looking for very firm responsive ride then your better off saving for coilovers and Megan Racings are probably the best entry level coilover for the price.

That is not always ture. I have KW v.2 coil overs and the ride is very smooth even with 225/35/19 on 19x7.7. Most say it feel BMW firm but not harsh.http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/005920.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/112317.jpg

It all depends on the coilovers. These are set at 1/4" below max height.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

See post #6. :)

Wow they went up. When the came out they were only $1295 shipped.

For just the coilovers though. You can still get that price. I'm getting them pre-assembled to my specs with Spec. B tophats for the $1650.

They work fine with US tophats. I don't think it's worth $350. But, that's may just me. You can get the Cusco F&R lower control arm braces for that much. Or even the Poly LCA bushing. Those two will improve your handling more then JDM tophats.

They work fine with US tophats. I don't think it's worth $350. But, that's may just me. You can get the Cusco F&R lower control arm braces for that much. Or even the Poly LCA bushing. Those two will improve your handling more then JDM tophats.
I agree. The point is my suspension becomes plug and play. First, they will be pre-adjusted to my specs by Racecomp guys that know exactly how to set these. This will prevent me possibly jacking up the car a few times to get the ride-height correct. Second, my stock suspension will stay assembled allowing for easier re-installation should I sell the car or KWs. Third, the Spec. B tophats (not JDM) are technically superior for performance, so I guess that part is just an added bonus. Very worth it to me!

I didn't say that all coilovers ride harsh. I never even used the word harsh. It is a fact that 6KG springs in the front will give a firmer ride than 4KG.....

I know you said "very firm" Most would take that as hard or harsh. Also the KWs come with 7k springs all around . It just show you how the dampner really effect the ride.

I agree. The point is my suspension becomes plug and play. First, they will be pre-adjusted to my specs by Racecomp guys that know exactly how to set these. This will prevent me possibly jacking up the car a few times to get the ride-height correct. Second, my stock suspension will stay assembled allowing for easier re-installation should I sell the car or KWs. Third, the Spec. B tophats (not JDM) are technically superior for performance, so I guess that part is just an added bonus. Very worth it to me!

Why are spec b hats better? I never heard that before. I thought they were just like the JDM tophats.

Archived