LegacyGT.com

Headed to LA

Saul_Good

It really comes down to how much you want to spend. You can live near the green, blue red, or yellow line and take the train to work. Like lakewood, Carson, nowrwalk, Long Beach, etc..... That's what I have done for the last 8yr. A monthly pass is $62 and most government jobs pay you to take the train out here. And you are among friends and we can help you with the "legal" part. :) PM me If you have any questions
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies. Looks like i'll be living in Ft. Mac base housing for now. What do i need to do to be 'legal' in cali with my car. Right now im stg2 catless dp and up, stock exhaust. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies. Looks like i'll be living in Ft. Mac base housing for now. What do i need to do to be 'legal' in cali with my car. Right now im stg2 catless dp and up, stock exhaust. Thanks again!

You should be able to pass the sniff but, maybe not the visual. My wife said you will have to a smog and the car verified. You have 30days to do that. Also if you are in the military you get a discount at DMV ( She is the DMV clerk at a GM dealer. Do you still have your stock DP? If not, I could loan you mine for the test. So PM me and Welcome to cali.:) Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

My recommendation is not to worry about even registering in Cali, even if you're from Cali, until your current plates expire. You're in the military, you're stationed here and, unless you're from Cali, fuggedaboutit. If you're from another state, and you are registered in your previous duty station state, then my recommendation is to take the time to register your car in your home state and not worry about Cali. CA makes provision for Active Duty personnel with cars from other states. I kept PA plates on all my cars for the entire time that I was on ACDU and stationed here (12 years). $25/year for PA registration and I didn't have to worry about smog or anything else until I retired. Just a thought to save you some time and aggravation.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Pedro ???

welcome to so cal.

Archived