LegacyGT.com

2009 Tribeca

legacy4me

Guest heightsgtltd

Okay, a couple more to illustrate my point

Nissan Murano has them too as does the Lincoln MKX.. more?

Actually I think the pilot has HIDs.

Second, the ford Edge is a competitor for the Tribeca? In what universe?

The Veracruz is a competitor for the Tribeca and I will concede that it doesnt have HIDs

The Mazda CX-7 and CX-9 both have HIDs

Acura RDX, MDX both have them

I am not going to waste my time now looking for more, but many offer and it's expected in this class.

Pilot does not have HIDs... it didn't even have projectors until the last refresh... The point is you said every. The MDX and RDX are much less competitors to Tribeca than the Pilot, Highlander, and Edge are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest heightsgtltd

I corrected my statement on every, but the point still is valid. This is the halo top of the line car for SOA in this segment and it should offer what people expect at least as options.

The fact that this could be easily implemented as they are being built side by side, and is not is the overarching point I was trying to make.

I noticed you completely ignored my examples of Nissan Murano and both Mazdas :spin:

kthanx

Guest heightsgtltd

Toyota doesnt want to cannibalize on Lexus sales which explains why they dont offer them in the Highlander, what's Subaru's excuse?

VW also offers them in the Toureg

Convert the MSRP over to US Dollars, tell me if its still worthwhile.

MY LGT configured as I bought cost $47,500 Canadian Dollars, that works out to be about $46,000 US Dollars is it really worth paying that for HID.

For the record as of 8:55 3/24/2008

1 US Dollar = 1.02565 Canadian Dollar

The base model Tribeca in Canada is $40,966.3 US Dollars.

The Base US Model is 7 Passenger is $30,995

Who gives a flying **** about the price differnce between Canda and US? The point of this is...

35k-ish Luxo SUV does NOT offer HID's! When even some of its lower priced competition offers it! The Canada Forester XT has HID's, but the USDM one does not. SOA needs to start giving us some better options!

Convert the MSRP over to US Dollars, tell me if its still worthwhile.

MY LGT configured as I bought cost $47,500 Canadian Dollars, that works out to be about $46,000 US Dollars is it really worth paying that for HID.

For the record as of 8:55 3/24/2008

1 US Dollar = 1.02565 Canadian Dollar

The base model Tribeca in Canada is $40,966.3 US Dollars.

The Base US Model is 7 Passenger is $30,995

The lack of HID's is a blatant omission for an entry lux vehicle.

Not a deal breaking omission. If so then I would not have purchased an LGT in December, but it is something I expect to see rectifed when I go shopping for an SUV/Crossover type vehicle in next 18 months or so.

they are usually optional, OR at least less available on lower models, so halogens can be re-fit pretty darn easily.

I wish Legacy had HID optional in the US, even if mine didn't come with it, it would be easier to retrofit with parts that don't need to be disassembled and refitted, or imported from other countries.

Wow..

I love that SOA is building cars for other markets here in the US with desirable options (e.g. HID, wagon for GT) and isn't offering them here.

Hi SOA :wavey: Americans definitely don't want HIDs :lol:

You really have to remember though.... It's incredibly dark up here. We need HID. Well, Seb doesn't

I hear what you are sayin. I'm actually happy that my car doesn't have HID and I can upgrade to some really nice bulbs that are DOT approved and perform, and don't blind other people.

10 years later, I'm still getting used to driving at night with HID lights coming at me. It seems that 30-40% of the cars on the road now are running HID.

My exact feeling HIDs coming at me are blinding, some halogens are just as bad, the New Accords and Civics seem to have a Permanent high beam I think its the DRLS.

This IMO is cheap crappy add on kits or really poor quick factory options. BMW and Mercedes with their hight leveling systems seem to minimize glare.

Lack of HIDs should never ever be a deal breaker.

I do believe that all factory HID systems are to have an electronic leveling mechanism, either automatic or manual, the manual one being adjustable from in side the car.

retrofit kits without this is just asking for problems. Even with proper alignment, if your car is going over bumps in the road then people will be exposed to the dazzling light.

Factory systems do not always have it. My parents 07 Lincoln does not have leveling, either manual or auto.

• 5 weeks later...
I have a 07 tribeca. I would like more power like my old legacy GT. You think Subaru will make a Tribeca GT ? if so sign me up to buy one

Oh, so you only have the 3.0L. The '08 with the 3.6L should meet your needs. However, I still would like to see direct injection (my favorite two words around this website anymore) for fuel economy reasons. However, Porsche just realeased the specs on their direct injected 3.6L in the Cayman and we're talkin a 25 HP boost and a 10% reduction in fuel consumption.

Our 08 Tribeca has been great. It's the 5 passenger Limited.

I love the interior. The cockpit is cool and extremely well laid out. The rear seating is huge with the seats pushed back in their furthest position. Rear seat passengers have all commented on the amazing amount of legroom back there. And they like the reclining seats also. Lots of cargo room is a plus for the 2 dogs.

It drives as well as any crossover I've driven. It felt the sportiest and most nimble of those I drove - Murano, CX7, Highlander, and XC90. The new 3.6 H6 engine provides good TQ throughout the range and enough power to pass and merge at will. It was much needed over the old engine for sure. The transmission is smooth and refined. The ride firm but not harsh. Then there is the SYMM AWD which of course is flawless in every situation. Build quality feels very solid.

Overall, big thumbs up!

Archived