LegacyGT.com

Anyone Driven a Legacy and a BMW?

If I wanted to spend in the mid-$40s, I would go BMW all the way. I personally woudn't buy a Subaru STI in that price range.

I dunno. If you wanted a rally based race car/pocket rocket, the Sti is it. However, the jist of this thread seems to be touring type. I'd start looking at M45s in the mid $40ks.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone here who has either owned both cars or driven them significantly? How does the handling differ from say a 3 series bmw? I know BMW has that brand name but is the driving experience really even better?

The handling is night and day. Suby understeers quite a bit, and isn't nearly as well balanced through corners. Nose tips in quite a bit on the leggy, but the bmw is very flat and neutral. Braking is a different league as well. The legacy is pretty torquey at the right RPMs, but the BMW (335 anyway) has more, and a much wider power band. The twin turbo is spectacular.

Loved my legacy GT, but the 335xi is worth every penny more. If you have the dough, spend it. They've honestly thought of everything someone who enjoys driving would want. and made a true driver's car - and some good bell's & whistles to boot.

The handling is night and day. Suby understeers quite a bit, and isn't nearly as well balanced through corners. Nose tips in quite a bit on the leggy, but the bmw is very flat and neutral. Braking is a different league as well. The legacy is pretty torquey at the right RPMs, but the BMW (335 anyway) has more, and a much wider power band. The twin turbo is spectacular.

Loved my legacy GT, but the 335xi is worth every penny more. If you have the dough, spend it. It's thought of everything someone who enjoys driving would need - a true driver's car - and some good bell's & whistles to boot.

^ You should have bought a Spec.B. Best all weather GT in the world.

The 335xi puts the most modded GT's I have driven to shame, in suspension. Scott's car has coilovers, up graded sways and lca's. Its tight, but not bmw tight

Most suspension modded LGTs would have trouble outperforming the OEM Spec.B suspension. Sorry, but it's true.

Doesn't matter, the Subaru is always better. The Subaru will always win; I read somewhere that the BMW engineers drove a Legacy and they are thinking of closing the company :lol:

The BMW PID is very easy to understand ;)

The OP is comparing a 325xi auto, which is a lot different than a 335i, but why get hung up on details?

Doesn't matter, the Subaru is always better. The Subaru will always win; I read somewhere that the BMW engineers drove a Legacy and they are thinking of closing the company :lol:

The OP is comparing a 325xi auto, which is a lot different than a 335i, but why get hung up on details?

And now we're back to the 2006 comparo where the Spec.B spanked the BMW's ass.

You've been pwn3d, your most regal Majesty.

I didnt think you were a fan of details.

i've owned 3 BMW 328's... both were 97 or newer...

both were 5spd

i like the LGT a bit better for size, and being AWD.

sure you could get an AWD bmw, but they are slow dogs.

before purchasing my spec B i drove both audi s4's and e46 M3's. i went with spec b, because it was bigger, cheaper(07LGT<03M3), and AWD

spec B beat out the S4 because S4 was triple the insurance payment.

Guest heightsgtltd
vimy,

Yes I have driven a 335i and 2 lgt's

I almost ordered a 135i but looks like I am getting an 06 spec - b

I can get one 20k cheaper then the 135i

So much for all the Legacy bashing you used to do :lol:

Archived