LegacyGT.com

Failed Wheel Bearing Survey

Has your Legacy had a wheel bearing failure?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Has your Legacy had a wheel bearing failure?

• No
    • Yes
    • Failed between 0 and 30k miles
    • Failed between 30k and 60k miles
    • Failed after 60k miles
    • George Bush Caused my Wheel Bearing Failure

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40,xxx on my 05. I started hearing that wooooooooing sound coming from the rear passenger side around 33k though...changed the tires, but it seems to be getting worse. Will it do any damage to the car? should i get it changed out now?

damn, i just started hearing a "woooowoooowooo" sound at highway speeds. was wondering what it was. thought maybe tires, but they're practially new and not even worn yet. then i thought, maybe bearings?? i guess so. well, i gots 60K on mine then. damn, gotta get it checked.

how long can i go before it start or will damage other things?

Almost at 87k and no wheel bearing problem. The only problem my GT has is going threw low beem headlight bulbs. About 2 to 3 set a yr.:mad: But with all of the other problems, other GT owners have. I'm thankfull, my problem is the low beem headlight bulbs. There is alot worst problem out thier.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I have been a loyal Subaru owner for over 20 years and have easily racked up over 1,000,000 miles on Subies. Given that, they do seem to have weird wheel bearing issues. Is it possible they buy the same wheel bearings that Huffy bicycles do?

I have been a loyal Subaru owner for over 20 years and have easily racked up over 1,000,000 miles on Subies. Given that, they do seem to have weird wheel bearing issues. Is it possible they buy the same wheel bearings that Huffy bicycles do?

I have "only" 345,000 miles with them. We usually had to replace a front at around 110,000. When one goes, we replace both.

Half-shafts seem to last 140,000.

Standard maintenance on the 95-99 cars at 100,000+ miles was timing belt, O ring seals, water pump, wheel bearings. I doubt it will be much different for the Gen II's or Gen III's. In fact on our trucks we change the belts and belt idlers as they are driven a lot on the highway.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I had two replaced under warranty...I was alos just up in Quebec City on business and ended up getting a taxi. On the way back to the hotel I heard the familiar sound then realized the taxi was a Legacy. I thought it was a little funny but sad at teh same time.

Unfortunately, the asshat who ninja-ed the poll also skewed the results. Typical internets stuff but I would have thought that mods or admins would be a tad more responsible. I thought I would try a poll that idiots wouldn't mangle but it turned out to be a confirmation of LGT.com's basic mentality so all was not lost.

Well - I took the GWB option, so as NOT to skew the poll - since I DON'T have a Subbie Yet!

This way, I can see the poll stats' and not skew the data on actual bearing failures.

Call him an ass-hat if you like....but I think it was done for that purpose. Kind of like throwing-out the highest and lowest scores on a curve! :redface:

gr

Well - I took the GWB option, so as NOT to skew the poll - since I DON'T have a Subbie Yet!

This way, I can see the poll stats' and not skew the data on actual bearing failures.

Call him an ass-hat if you like....but I think it was done for that purpose. Kind of like throwing-out the highest and lowest scores on a curve! :redface:

gr

No. The guy was just being an asshat. There is a "view poll results" tab. Thanks for participating and further muddying the waters.

Archived