LegacyGT.com

JDM STi style front lip in FULL Carbon Fiber...

480Nthe541

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested in one(spolier and lip)!

I've got an RBS one as well....

Couple questions....

Is the bottom of the OEM Legacy STI lip flat or enclosed?

How and with what hardware did you attached it to your car?

Since it's molded from the RBS lip ... i think its the same hardware that came w/the RBS

"Its basically a JDM Lip that was modified to fit USDM (like RBS) then molded to make a mold to produce this 100% CF/Vacuum bagged front lip."

I'm not a 100% sure... It looks like they went through to copy th OEM JDM lip and not make a replica of a relpica.

I'd be interested in one(spolier and lip)!

I've got an RBS one as well....

Couple questions....

Is the bottom of the OEM Legacy STI lip flat or enclosed?

How and with what hardware did you attached it to your car?

The bottom kind of has a flat flange with a little lip at the back.. the whole shape from a side profile would kind of look like a C I guess... Prob looks like the RBS as well, because I think they basically did the same thing and modified a JDM and used that as the prototype to mold.

As for hardware, what I used for mine was (being a long time Honda boy) the litttle "c" style clamp looking things with the 10mm nut welded on the back (not sure what they are called) and factory 10mm hardware with the attached washers. I had a ton of these in my old factory hardware bins in my shop, and used them for the whole front lip attachment hardware...its nice because you dont have to worry about a seperate nut to mess with, you just clamp these on the hole in the bottom of the bumper(plastic) and they stay in place..Makes it nice for taking the lip on and off in a hurry.

... believe what ya wanna believe i guess. I like the CF front lip, it looks gorgeus.

But everyone has their own story.

Right... Well, I don't really care that much if they copied the RBS lip. However, the RBS lip that I got wasn't finished very well. I would think that if your going to create a mold that you would want to do it off a pristine original. It would just be easier, to not have to do a lot of correction work.

The bottom kind of has a flat flange with a little lip at the back.. the whole shape from a side profile would kind of look like a C I guess... Prob looks like the RBS as well, because I think they basically did the same thing and modified a JDM and used that as the prototype to mold.

Cool... I always wanted to know if the OEM lip was enclosed or not. It is sold as a part that reduces lift and wanted to know besides the "flange" part if we were missing anything that was functional(ie. smooth flat botto) on JDM lip.

As for hardware, what I used for mine was (being a long time Honda boy) the litttle "c" style clamp looking things with the 10mm nut welded on the back (not sure what they are called) and factory 10mm hardware with the attached washers. I had a ton of these in my old factory hardware bins in my shop, and used them for the whole front lip attachment hardware...its nice because you dont have to worry about a seperate nut to mess with, you just clamp these on the hole in the bottom of the bumper(plastic) and they stay in place..Makes it nice for taking the lip on and off in a hurry.

RBS lip attaches the same way but has 3M double sided foam tape in the middle.

Cool... I always wanted to know if the OEM lip was enclosed or not. It is sold as a part that reduces lift and wanted to know besides the "flange" part if we were missing anything that was functional(ie. smooth flat botto) on JDM lip.

RBS lip attaches the same way but has 3M double sided foam tape in the middle.

Oh ya forgot to say that too... I didnt use tape for the middle of mine, instead i installed one bolt in the middle that bolts to the bottom of the bumper.. that way I can take mine on and off easy. I would probably leave it up to people as to how they would like to mount the middle portion if I sell some of these.. If I did it again I might install two bolts spread out evenly in the middle then just one in the middle just just it seals that much tighter.. A thin gasket added would also completly seal off any possible air breach through the crack there.

Right... Well, I don't really care that much if they copied the RBS lip. However, the RBS lip that I got wasn't finished very well. I would think that if your going to create a mold that you would want to do it off a pristine original. It would just be easier, to not have to do a lot of correction work.

Its is for sure better to use factory parts as the base for any prototype like this..and I think all the RBS stuff is actually awesome especially for the price, its great to have someone making things for the LGT that are nice like that.. I know they are kind of hard to find to buy sometimes though, I tried for a long time and gave up thats why I made mine.

I rock a bolt in the middle too.

I've seen the CF lip and grill in person, and they are very nice.

I would like to have a look at that rear lip. maybe i can keep you from having to ship it. ;)

Bachy is supposed to get 6" tonight. wanna get some rainbow runs in the AM?

I rock a bolt in the middle too.

I've seen the CF lip and grill in person, and they are very nice.

I would like to have a look at that rear lip. maybe i can keep you from having to ship it. ;)

Bachy is supposed to get 6" tonight. wanna get some rainbow runs in the AM?

Dude you know if there is more then a inch I will so be there in the AM!

And ya the trunk spoiler is getting molded today and I should have it back to be able to sell tomorrow..Hopefully I will get my CF one in the upcoming days..I am using the 4x4 weave CF left over from my NSX that will be one-off sickness..

give me a ring sucka!

I saw that NSX in Seattle area couple times

driven by asian dude

he is actually my friend's friend

rich mofo

anyways, keep up the good work!!

I'd be down if u make one for JDM SPEC B bumper!!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Any chance you would make these for an 08? I would buy one for sure and a grill if it had the CF on the outside. Also, would you ever consider making a CF piece that would overlay the rear exhaust section on the rear bumper? That would be a nice compliment to the CF parts in the front.

And, your price is very reasonable considering that you are using the true process for laying CF, which unfortunately more than half the manufacturers out there don't do.

Very cool. And yea my buddy bought the NSX off of yea. I drove it a number of times. You did a really good job with the NSX i felt that it was really well balanced and very stable at high speed. Small world huh?

Very cool. And yea my buddy bought the NSX off of yea. I drove it a number of times. You did a really good job with the NSX i felt that it was really well balanced and very stable at high speed. Small world huh?

Thats awesome.. very fun to drive...I really miss that car..it was my baby, but all projects must go eventually sometimes. I dont think I will ever have the $ to build something that cool again lol..money pit! Worth it though ;)

And for an update on the CF trunk lip and front lip.. I am patiently awaiting the first pieces from the new molds.. The rear lip will most likely be done first, then the front lip. We did nice durable carbon molds so should be able to make a few of these for you guys in the future..

As for anything else besides those two items (for those who were asking) I will not be planning on making anything else in production any time soon.. I am doing these two just to hook up a few people with the same parts I was desiring for my ride. So for now, no grills, 08 stuff, rear bumper stuff, etc. I am going to be doing the hood scoop and foglight surrounds for my car hopefully here soon, i will post pics when I get anything done..

• 1 month later...

Archived