LegacyGT.com

*** TPMS Info Thread ***

SpecBee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes. the TPMS monitoring system is pre-programmed for 1 specific set of TPMS sensors at a time. The light will only go out when that one set of wheels is used on your car. If you get aftermarket sensors for your winter wheels, they won't work unless the TPMS computer is reprogrammed for that set, but then your summer set won't work.

Just bought a set of tpms sensors from the dealer, and the ATEQ Quick change tpms tool from Tirerack. Works with the Legacy. Plug into port, get the serial number on the sensors on the car, then go to labtop, manually plug in the new sensor codes, put new wheels on car, take scanner, plug in and change. Total price for everything. 350. Cheape than having the dealer reset. It will pay for itself in 2 years

• 2 months later...

I need help with my ATEQ tool, I must be doing something wrong...

I bought a new set of wheels / tires from the TireRack along with the ATEQ QuickSet tool. I could never get my summer wheels / tires programmed to the car, but for some reason I was able to pull the OEM codes out of the ECU with the ATEQ tool. Through several emails with ATEQ tech support I never could get the summer wheels programmed to the car. TireRack finally flipped the bill to have my summer wheel TPMS sensors programmed by the Subaru dealer.

Now it's winter, and I'm putting my OEM wheels back on. Same issue. I can not get the old TPMS numbers back into the car?

I'm using HEX format for the TPMS numbers. I'm pushing the right buttons (there's only two, a sun or a snowflake!). I'm doing something wrong somewhere... seems like I'm missing a step, or I'm out of sequence. Something simple seems out of whack.

Can someone who has successfully made the switch outline their exact steps to transition? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

^ read this. It's long, but it has various steps people tried to get the ATEQ to work right (and what works depends on software version).

First thing to check - is whether what you 'push' into ECU coincides with what you read off the ECU after the 'push'. I had to play around with entering numbers in HEX/Decimal and adding leading zeros before I got to the stage when the two sets of numbers matched.

If they do - you'll probably need to 'wake up' sensors. I have a tool for that, others claimed that large magnet would do the trick.

I figured out my problem...

When I put the OEM wheels / tires back on, I didn't check the pressure. They were all sitting at 25lbs... needless to say that was the issue. Everything is working fune now.

What a bonehead!

I figured out my problem...

When I put the OEM wheels back on for winter, I didn't check the pressure. They were all sitting under 30psi, like around 25-26 psi. Needless to say that was the issue - my light is gone.

What a bonehead. :redface:

Archived