LegacyGT.com

Subaru Buyer Demographics

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a poll on here around the time I bought my car concluded that most of the forum goers were male between 25-40 (mostly in the 25-30 range) I dont know where the thread is but its probably buried and I'm too lazy to search so you'll just have to believe the all knowing darkfox1 on this one ;)

That poll probably doesn't mean much. You don't have a proper field to survey from. Our numbers could match those for 'people who use Internet forums' much more than 'people who drive legacy GTs'

agreed, thats why I made sure to note that it was of forum members :p

I do think of it as a young professionals car as well.. young professionals who cant/wont afford a BMW :p

I refuse to pay $50k for transportation!

srsly.. my uncles 2500hd has "more power" than my sports sedan.. does that mean I need to be worried about it shutting me out of a merging lane? no...

the camry is one of many reasons why I hate toyota and its invasion of subaru. You know people are talking about rumors of a 3.6L legacy.. why do you think the motors getting bigger? after the camry and accord both went LARDASS.. who do you think is next to go on the supersize-me diet?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

My friend who recently purchased a 2008 toyota Camry (2 weeks after I bought my 08' Legacy) Has been ragging on me that I drive a grandma car etc.

Talk about grandma car... Camry's is what I associate with the aged community that needs something utterly boring and a well-known brand.

As I see it - Toyotas are more boring than Volvos... (OK, I'm from Sweden living in the Volvo city... :rolleyes: )

As for demographics: 42 year old... Living in a 65m2 apartment.

453747.png

My friend who recently purchased a 2008 toyota Camry (2 weeks after I bought my 08' Legacy) Has been ragging on me that I drive a grandma car etc. Iv been looking around the net with no real news on New Car buyer Demographics. I found some forum talking about JD Power but I searched the site with nothing to show of it. Any help for this Legacy drive?:rolleyes:

Wow... now I've seen it all.. a Camry owner calling a Legacy a grandma car, that's rich... is this your friend? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/243834

Oh yeah? My epenis is the HUGEST!!! Don't Be disrespektin' mah RYDE!!

I hear it all the time -have heard it for years. I went from one chick car (Probe GT, 242whp/258tq) to an even MORE chickier car - 93 Miata (100whp, -13 tq) - to my Rx8 now (200whp/150tq)...which...well...nobody seems to know what to make of it.

The point is - I don't mind at all when folk with little/no automotive authority - or even those with some - don't like my particular car. At the same time, tis annoying when those who own my particular make/model are fanbois - where NOTHING...NO CAR could be better in ANY WAY than the car they own/love.

There are people out there who rely on 'ratings' to justify ANYTHING they buy.

"Well, this is the TOP RATED toaster!"

"Consumer Reports rated THIS TV as MOH BETTAH!!"

Blah - those folk are fools. They'd MUCH rather have something HIGHER RATED than something they may enjoy more.

Make sense, or have I rambled?

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

I've been in marketing over 20 years and I'm somewhat knowledgeable about demographics. Given that, the Camry was developed for the Wayne Newton, Branson, Missouri crowd. Your "friend" is clueless....

I have begun Calling his Camry a Buick. So now every time I see another Camry drive by I say "check outt hat Sweet a$$ buick! Whoot!". also, I like to point out the Blank Stare of the elderly driver with the enlarged Blacked out Sunglasses driving it. the back seat is Very comfortable though. I first began calling it a buick after flipping down the rear Arm rest. I said "did Toyota buy the extra Front arm rests from the Buick LeSabber? He imediatly with his girlfriend doing the same began berating me about How All I do is insult his car. I then comment about how all they have been doing is insulting my Subaru since I bought it. The best part came when we got to his House and his mom looked outside and saw both cars sitting next to each other. She turned around, looked at us and said "I think all cars should have AWD" and then walked into the other room. My friends face was soooo RED!!. lol. Hes just one of those One Uppers who has to be right about everything. I ended up giving his a test drive in a 15 inch snow drift in a parking lot. I asked him "Can your Buick do that?"

Thanks guys for your help and suport in these Dire times

tru. I had a non turbo legacy for a loaner when I had my 30k service done. Getting out of a turbo cobb stg1 into a non turbo felt like a dog, but I'm sure compared to other "average" cars out there its still above par. Besides they still have the above average handling and whatnot. (Although imo the handling needs some improvements.. its the drivers fault in my case :p )

Srsly you sound like you're pretty young, is this your first car or something? I remember this kind of seeminly needless competition among my friends when I was in HS.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I'm a physician at an Ivy league teaching hospital in New England who owns a Subaru Legacy GT wagon and our physician's lot is full of Subaru's (mid 90s to present model years). Of course, it is also full of Porsche's, MB, BMW, and Audi. My summer car is an Audi S4 cabriolet. My wife also has a Subaru, but for a woman, driving a Baja screams Lesbian.

I think its just friendly competition is anything else. We are getting some Snow up here in southern New England tomorow so I will take him for a little test drive again. the thing I like about my car is that I average about 32mpg on the highway..... I put Alot of highway miles and got it becouse I love subaru and needed something good on Gas. Once my paycheck gets a bit bigger Im gonna upgrade to the GT in '10.

My wife also has a Subaru, but for a woman, driving a Baja screams Lesbian.

Then she should have an Impreza STI instead...

The Baja seems to be neither a pickup nor a wagon. If it was a two-seater it would have been a really useful pickup (even if it's on the small side). My parents have a Brat and it still works fine - and NO RUST! It probably has about 170k miles on it by now...

453747.png

My friend who recently purchased a 2008 toyota Camry (2 weeks after I bought my 08' Legacy) Has been ragging on me that I drive a grandma car etc. Iv been looking around the net with no real news on New Car buyer Demographics. I found some forum talking about JD Power but I searched the site with nothing to show of it. Any help for this Legacy drive?:rolleyes:

Your friend is an idiot. A camry is one step below a Continental in terms of grandma car rank.

Go Cardinals!

Archived