LegacyGT.com

Think of a Birthday Gift Idea for My EVO 9 MR Buddy!!!

Hanger

My buddy's birthday is coming up on Feb 18th. We are having a hell of a headache about what to get for his bday. I know his co-workers already had chipped in for a new JDM Rear bumper, and I've always known that he wanted a Ralliart CF front lip very bad, but unfortunately it's out of our budget, and i was wondering if there's any replica front lips?

Our budget would be about $300 with all of us chipped in. Can you think of any parts that i can get from local shops if possible.

The white one on the right! :p

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Hangerr/K800i/DSC00845.jpg

Thank you very much!

-Michael

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

lol.. My bad.. I didn't really look at it.. Just saw that it was $300 and CF I will just leave now.... haha

Thanks anyways ;)

you're a nice friend.

If I'm lucky I get a beer....

well.. our tradition is the bday boy/girl has to treat everyone dinner, and each of us would chip in at least $50 or get your own gifts

○ ○ ○

yep, actually there were 2 of them, both red.

and nope, i didn't get a chance to ride it because it was pouring that night and we were just hanging out in the underground parking. Although the owner saw i was shocked to see a EVO X, he unlocked the door and told me to hop in a check it out.

THE INTERIOR IS NOOOOOOICE!!!

HEY! You're making me drift away from topic :lol:

○ ○ ○

he drives that car like a minivan

Haha then what's the point of getting that car?:lol: How much is that RalliArt lip?

Yeah a turbo timer sounds like a great idea if he hasn't really done anything to the car. Or maybe a boost gauge.

I wonder how many people chipped in for that rear bumper...you friend must be one popular guy!

And I didn't know Evolution X is out already.:icon_tong

For $300 there's plenty you can get depending on if you want show or go.

If he's only got a cat-back he can still get a tune .. jestr tune or mellon tune. That will still give leftover money for other things like a boost controller, an intake, or a BOV (although not needed since he does have a metal BOV).

You could get Evo 7 Tails, HIDS (if he doesn't have them already) CF sticker overlays.

New Head Unit.. New speakers. Need more ideas?

If he's only got a cat-back he can still get a tune .. jestr tune or mellon tune. That will still give leftover money for other things like a boost controller, an intake, or a BOV (although not needed since he does have a metal BOV).

You could get Evo 7 Tails, HIDS (if he doesn't have them already) CF sticker overlays.

i think he has a BOV already, it chirps

thanks for the help tho, we're getting his a turbo timer + install and a Ralliart shift knob!

○ ○ ○

For what it's worth...

The turbo timer is a complete waste of time and $$

Does nothing but make noise. He can't even arm his car with it going off, so it really is pointless.

Also the MR has a special shift knob, didn't read a lot since I don't have one, but the ralliart knob might not even fit.. I'd suggest you do a quick search to make sure on that too.

Since the guy in question was not described as knowing anything about power mods I would not recommend a mail-in tune. I highly doubt that he is interested in sending in logs to a remote tuner to get his tune dialed in properly. I'd just get a downpipe and cat delete pipe and have me tune it either with an MBC or with ECU controlled boost.

Archived