LegacyGT.com

Anyone here use/has used EDFC?

BDII

I have been doing my homework latley and I think I might pull the trigger this fall on TEIN's system

My FLEX's are due for a rebuild and I'd like to weigh some new options.

anyone have any experience with this system? I know it's basically a time saver, but on track days around here time is everything.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

from what my friend told me of his setup on his 240sx, it is very useful. even has a memory function to store preset settings.

instantaneous damper adjustment. he says he doesn't want to go without it if he ever gets another coilover setup on his new car.

I had one my old accord but I can't talk about track experience since there isn't even a track here in HK.

For street use though, I think it is very helpful during the first few months while you are still adjusting to the new suspension. There is no way that you can get the damper setting perfect on the first try and it really does take a lot of trial and error to get it right. With the EDFC, you can quickly change settings without the need of getting out of the car. Since it makes adjusting damper settings so much easier, you can me much more picky about your damper settings and use that extra time gained to fine tune your suspension even more. After the first few months though where everything had settled in, I rarely touch the EDFC unit since I have no need to adjust my damper settings anymore as it is "perfect" and the driving conditions rarely change for me.

You'll need to change your suspension settings more often as you go onto different tracks. EDFC will save you time when changing such settings and will allow you to have more time for testing and to make additional adjustments.

can you adjust while moving or only when stopped?

it still works when you're on the move but it is not recommended. Adjusting the valves while the shocks are still moving is not good.

I adjust it while the car is stopped but if you want to be absolutely safe, do it with the ignition off.

I have flex and efdc and they work great. I dont track the car much, but on city streets in nice to soften them up and then stiffen on the highway with a push of the button

Are you gonna be around this weekend?

I'll be in ********** on Friday night, and I'd love to check this out.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I just ordered the edfc for my tien flex's. Im not sure where ill put the controller, but ive installed one before and put it in the center console.

How hard was the install of the controller? Also, anyone know its the dimentions? Still thinking it would fit in the ashtray slot...

no it wont fit in the ash tray slot, its just alittle too big IIRC. Ill be putting mine in the cubby i think. The install is easy. Its just running wires. you need a contsant power source and acc on power source and ground. acc-on comes from the cig-lighter, and the constant power on can come from the brake light circuit in the fuse box.

Archived