LegacyGT.com

Real-world 2.5 NA fuel mileage / economy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ cseagle wow thats good numbers i have an 09 also

i average 30 express 20-24 city...what oil are you using...i have a K&N panel filter...is it cuz of winter? its ridiculously cold here in chicago

but a heat wave is coming and we will be in the 30's finally

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd post since I just did on another forum to support an outback owner saying he got "...30mpg summer / 26mpg winter in my Outback." You guys will have to copy/paste the link since my own host is blocked from work.

I can't match those numbers, but its pretty close. Estimating 70% highway 30% city with a M-F 15 mile commute that is 12 highway, 3 city. Here is the graph of my gas mileage since I purchased the car in fall of 06. Average of 27.66mpg throughout the life of a 2006 legacy wagon 2.5 5-speed with fueleconomy.gov showing my car as a 20/27 22 combined. I usually cruise around 70-75, shift ~3k. My car should theoretically get better mileage being closer to the ground than an outback, but otherwise the same.

I can post the complete log showing date gas was purchased, miles traveled since last purchase and gallons purchased to calculate mpg if you guys want. 136 points, so it is a good basis of what my car does with me driving.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Kelvrick/mileage.jpg

Archived