LegacyGT.com

Subaru B9x ugly

http://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/Flush.gif

My sentiments exactly.

They had a clean sheet to work from and enough development research from their power and driveline teams to hit this thing out of the park. Now it looks like not only will it be underpowered, it's going to be mufugly too, at least on the outside where first impressions are major deal breakers.

I am not convinced that the nod to FHI's airplane manufacturing roots has to be on the front of the Subaru product line. It just subtracts/detracts from what is an overall nice package. Perhaps the interior will pull it out but, there's a lot of room to worry here. Especially if sales numbers tank on introduction. Heck the LGT isn't doing all that well yet.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope they don't pull the Alfa front end treatment on the next Legacy. I may be purchasing my Legacy when it comes off lease in three years if they do. $37,000 large for that thing is alot considering the competition. Maybe it will look better in person.

Oh please no! I don't want a virgina for a grill. That and the silly door handles really put me off buying an Alfa.

I hope they don't pull the Alfa front end treatment on the next Legacy. I may be purchasing my Legacy when it comes off lease in three years if they do. $37,000 large for that thing is alot considering the competition. Maybe it will look better in person.

Those pictures look too impromptu to be completely doctored. A definite uggo. I am nowhere near this market, but a new Jeep Cherokee, Acura MDX, or Lexus Rx would be in my driveway long before that ovoid mistake.

I love the legacy, but if this is the way that Subaru is going, it may be the only new Subie that I would consider.

Different is not necessarily better, nor is it necessarily even good. A lot of cars are going retro because they know what looked good in the past. Other cars are going weirdo-nuevo, and not for the better.

I don't mind derivative styling, as long as it is a good and cohesive design. The Legacy fits that bill. It looks like it fits between the horrible Impala, and the recently subtle and nice Bonneville, and is a good design when considered solely on it's merits. The B9x has none of that, nor does the murano, or the asstek, or the x3, pilot, highlander, or the recent mitsu small urban-ute, either. the designers are running out of fuel, and are grasping at straws, if you ask me.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101493

Jeebus. Saab should design the exterior and then Subaru should tweak and rebadge it.

Sales bomb, here we come! Viva la SVX money sink! Viva la Baja sales disappointment!

-B

I agree.

I looked at my Autoweek and the first thing I thought was....

I don't care if they put the STI engine in there or turbocharged

the H-6 to 350 hp, I would NOT buy this ugly SUV.

I'm always baffled how corporate execs could sit around a table looking

at sketches of cars like this and collectively say, "wow...that's perfect and looks stunning, the production vehicles should look just like that. They'll sell millions."

Only the Pontiac Aztek was an uglier SUV.

Sorry Subaru...big disappointment, and you had PLENTY of years to make the ultimate little SUV!

I'm always baffled how corporate execs could sit around a table looking

at sketches of cars like this and collectively say, "wow...that's perfect and looks stunning, the production vehicles should look just like that. They'll sell millions."

Most upper management are talentless suckups that use their circle of friends and inside connections to make money :) Some on-the-rise suckup does a market analysis, everone looks at the charts of how much money they will make and that's it :)

uugghhh. That's the worse grill in the world. Who did the market research for this? Yes a 7 passenger is needed, but so is styling, performance and general appeal. LIKE A NAME. B9x was bad enough, but TRIBECA? what's symetrical about that? A New York District? No, just no.

it looks like a smaller version of the VW suv, so I guess it should be luxurious?

I dont think the design is that bad, subaru have always had a constant design patern, but now with the LGT and the B9X, I think they're moving forward, which is required these days.

I think the B9X will be a best seller when it hits the market.

I loved the "bug eyes" look. I think the headlights are the best part of this thing.

It's almost like a baby really. The first time you see it it's pretty ugly, but everytime I see a new picture, it's getting a little better. That or maybe the inital shock has worn off. I just really hope they don't pull a Dodge and make all the vehicles have the same grill. From neon to viper. I have a feeling that is the direction they are going in just to brand themselves.

Archived