LegacyGT.com

2005 Subaru WRX Wagon CarPC ***nice pics***

salvi

This is a system that I just configured/installed. Below is the owner's post. If you have any questions, please PM or post. Thanks.

-------------------------------------

One of the cooler things not under the hood that I've done to the car. Looks great and works perfect. A few reasons why I did this:

• I'm a geek.
  • I want my TabletPC in the house (where it should be).
  • A full gauge set up costs a bit, this can display more engine information.
  • I need more than 6 CD's to choose from.
  • GPS/Nav.
  • I can get ECU flashes on my phone, and upload to the PC which is always in my car.
  • Runs can be recorded right to the HDD.

Pictures:

http://www.digitalweaponx.net/Clients/WillS/LargePicture_01.jpg

http://www.digitalweaponx.net/Clients/WillS/VeryLargePictures2_02.jpg

http://www.digitalweaponx.net/Clients/WillS/VeryLargePictures_01.jpg

http://www.digitalweaponx.net/Clients/WillS/VeryLargePictures_04.jpg

omg I love it. AMAZING.

Details on engine management information? I plan on doing this during the summer and want to display all information on the screen, rather than getting a boost gauge, oil gauge, etc..

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I hope to do a Legacy once I get a request from a Legacy owner.

where are you located? I'm planning on doing this (probably by myself though).

Can you let us know specs and whatnot on the computer?

What front end are you using? I'd like to know what you're using for engine management too.

How much $$$ and what are the comp specs

yea... my thoughts exactly. but, i really don't want any engine management stuff. i just want to be able to have navigation, play music, watch movies, and be able to switch to a back-up camera if possible. oh, and i don't need satellite radio, either.

looks awesome, by the way. great install!

How much $$$ and what are the comp specs

The complete system came to a total of about 1200+ dollars. This includes the custom molding of the screen to the bezel.

Specs on the computer are:

1.0GHz

1GB RAM

40GB HD

90W power supply

7” touch screen

where are you located? I'm planning on doing this (probably by myself though).

Can you let us know specs and whatnot on the computer?

What front end are you using? I'd like to know what you're using for engine management too.

I’m located in San Diego, CA. The front end that I’m using is Centrafuse. This customer is using EcuTek as his engine management and will be using custom DeltaDash gauges as well. You can also use Enginuity as well.

MP3Car is a great resource, but for those who don’t want to spend countless hours, days, and even months researching on what to use/buy just to save a couple of dollars, then going with a system like this is the way to go.

[/color]

The complete system came to a total of about 1200+ dollars. This includes the custom molding of the screen to the bezel.

Specs on the computer are:

1.0GHz

1GB RAM

40GB HD

90W power supply

7” touch screen

I’m located in San Diego, CA. The front end that I’m using is Centrafuse. This customer is using EcuTek as his engine management and will be using custom DeltaDash gauges as well. You can also use Enginuity as well.

MP3Car is a great resource, but for those who don’t want to spend countless hours, days, and even months researching on what to use/buy just to save a couple of dollars, then going with a system like this is the way to go.

Boo, other side of the country... you did a great job!

Interesting. A couple more questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Which touchscreen? Xenarc?

2. Where are you mounting the cpu/power supply? They aren't all in that custom enclosure, are they?

3. How is the engine management? Specifically for Boost readings? Is it a viable replacement for an actual gauge? Do you notice any lag/accuracy issues?

I use the new 2008 Lilliput 629 screens. Have not had any issues with them.

The cpu/mother/power supply are all in a VoomPC case under the passenger seat.

I've used my setup with Enginuity and it seems a good replacement for gauges. I'll have to see once the DeltaDash gauges are finish and create a video. I know that with Enginuity, the MPH was right on the money with my dash. I'll make a video of it as well so you can see.

Also, the location should not be a deterrent, I make the systems as complete as possible so you'll have it installed with ease in your vehicle.

For the Legacy (06) - would you be replacing the CD/Radio or using the space in between the AC vents?

If I was to order from you and wanted to get a solid state HDD used, how much more would that cost?

What is the turn around from sending you the bezel and getting it back (in AZ)?

Thanks,

The space between the vents looks best for the scren, but it all depends on how it fucntions.

I currently don't use solid state drives. If you want to go with one, you know that the price will be high. What ever price you can find them for, that's what basically I would charge since I don't carry them.

Turnaround for the bezel would be about a week or less.

Salvi - this is amazing. We need to meet soon so you can show me this in person. I'll PM you later about a time to get together.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived