LegacyGT.com

Momo shift knob question

KTM 525

Do any of you guys know if there is a standard size shifter stem thread for the knobs. There are some on Ebay I am wondering if it is a one size for all manufacturers fits all. Hate to buy one then find out it wont fit the stick in the LGT.

KTM, nope. What Momo does with their shift knobs is include a bunch of different sized rubber caps. You put the cap on the shifter shaft and then put the knob on top of it. Check out http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168. The first picture I posted will show you what I'm talking about.

Do you know where you can get these rubber spacers? I have been looking around with no luck.

Actually the shift knob I have doesn't screw on. You have three tiny screws that you use a small allen wrench to tighten onto your shifter shaft.

I'm sorry rclark0032, but I don't know where to get extra of those rubber pieces. Try contacting Momo though.

-ben

Do you know where you can get these rubber spacers? I have been looking around with no luck.

You can goto a local Momo dealer, you can order those caps according to size.. or just goto HOME DEPOT to get a rubber cap.. OR just use a lot of teflon tape. Aftermarket generic MOMO shift knobs uses 3 screws to pinch onto the threaded shaft.

Keefe

Keefe

my new shift knob (black) and pedals/dead-pedal from Momo that I choose to go with MOMO, new product line for 2004/2005

http://store1.yimg.com/I/ltbmotorsport_1821_2237759

http://store1.yimg.com/I/ltbmotorsport_1821_523185

http://store1.yimg.com/I/ltbmotorsport_1820_3973842

and the e-brake handle that I dont feel like hacking up on my GT

http://store1.yimg.com/I/ltbmotorsport_1826_7289330

Keefe

Keefe

A guy named Paulie on nasioc.com made some threaded adapters that you hammer into the generic Momo knob which allow you to screw them on. The adapter even had a little notch at the bottom for you to hook the shfit boot. I bought one for around $20 (he had to custom fabricate them) for the Momo I had on my WRX wagon and thought it was well worth it. Much easier to take on and off than the set screws, and a very firm fit.

A guy named Paulie on nasioc.com made some threaded adapters that you hammer into the generic Momo knob which allow you to screw them on. The adapter even had a little notch at the bottom for you to hook the shfit boot. I bought one for around $20 (he had to custom fabricate them) for the Momo I had on my WRX wagon and thought it was well worth it. Much easier to take on and off than the set screws, and a very firm fit.
No way! I must contact him for an adapter for my shift knob for my non-existent car. :p
-ben

No way! I must contact him for an adapter for my shift knob for my non-existent car. :p

Yeah I hear you my car is due in a week and I have all sorts of stuff for it (all weather mats,armrest ext,wheel locks,ordering short throw Monday) Guys give us a break it helps ease the pain,oOoOoh the pain of wating.............:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turboman

When installing one of the MoMo knobs I pushed down too hard and the plastic cap bottomed way down inside the knob. After some hair pulling and cussing I managed to pry it back out with a screw driver and finished it up.

What I'd like is to be able to mount the knob so the shaft DOES go way down into the knob (much shorter throw) and still have something that the stupid set screws can bite into.

Anybody have any ideas? One alternative is to just cut 2" off the top of the shaft and then put the plastic cap on top for the set screws.. Did that on some other cars.

Does anyone know if the adaptors are still available for the Momo knobs? I have sent an e-mail, but received no reply yet. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to have the leather boot attatched so it did not slide down the shifter on my 05 Outback.

Thanks for the help.

Kurt

Guest turboman
Does anyone know if the adaptors are still available for the Momo knobs? I have sent an e-mail, but received no reply yet. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to have the leather boot attatched so it did not slide down the shifter on my 05 Outback.

Thanks for the help.

Kurt

To keep the boot up just put 10-12 wraps of electrical tape around the shaft below the knob ring leaving a groove an 1/8" wide for the boot leaher ring to lie in. Not sure the exact number of turns required, just do enough so the boot ring can be pulled tightly up over the tape. In 2 years mine never slipped down once.

Archived