LegacyGT.com

Dude, why'd you pay extra for the Spec b?!

I meant to say the 2.5RS, the non-turbo model. Doesn't it have a fake hood scoop as well?

Right/wrong

Youre thinking the old ones 99-01

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/11235-2001-Subaru-Impreza.jpg

but anything from the last SIX years, the answer is no

http://www.tuning.gen.tr/imagdatas/13662_a.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh please. like half of you even know what high end is.

quit being pretentious.

NO car stereo is good.

blah blah blah. my speaker cables ran 350 for my home and that is the low high end. ever seen multi thousand dollar cables?

no?

uhhh, yeah...

when you guys really know what music sounds like then you can or cannot complain on how "bad" the stereo is.

to me it sounds like you guys are buying stuff then llooking to see who is looking at you...pretty pathetic imo...as far as the car stereo goes...what you want? 1000watt stereo so you can see who is looking at your retarded face driving up the block? that says a lot about ones character. grow up.

I hate leather in my everyday driver car. I live in wisconsin and lets face it, it gets to negative 40. Heated cloth on the legacy is nice i love it. The sunroof is the only feature i really miss in this car, the nav eh i need a place for Guages and turbo timer and a boost controller so that owuld need to be removed anyway. The Spec B is like comparing a 02 Trans am to a 02 Trans Am WS6, its all looks and options, but the same power is still there.

Just a quick note - the stereo in the Spec b is no different than the LGT except for the steering wheel controls (however, I think all '08 LGT's get the steering wheel controls too).

All 08s have the steering wheel controls -> same stereo between the 2 cars, but the LGT has the factory sub option that isn't available for the SpecB...

my speaker cables ran 350 for my home and that is the low high end. ever seen multi thousand dollar cables?

that's nothing. . . I paid FORTY MILLION DOLLARS for my pure gold audio conduit cable assemblies. . . they sound so good it's like they're plugged directly into my ears, man.

that's nothing. . . I paid FORTY MILLION DOLLARS for my pure gold audio conduit cable assemblies. . . they sound so good it's like they're plugged directly into my ears, man.

You toally got ripped off! I got solid core Adamantium cables with Unobtainium connectors for the same price. They are so effective my pregnant wife's doctor advised she avoid exposure to the music they create lest the baby be transformed into pure sound waves.

Your last line is key. If these things are important for you, then it is indeed a bargain. Another way to look at it is what's the **difference** in cost rather than what's the cost. For you, the spec B is a bargain. You want the things and to upgrade the LGT would not make sense. For me, the LGT has more stuff than I would want, if given the choice. On the Spec B, I'd take the torsen rear LSD and bilsteins. Nothing else is of value to me (to me).

jack

If you are "directionally challenged" as I am - the NAV is invaluable!

buddy, I don't know about the sound unless you go alpine/kenwood etc. I did a JL Audio system for my STI, cost at least $3000, prob more if I add up all the goodies ;)

it's true you could out-spec the spec going to the aftermarket...

You could out spec most anything in the aftermarket!

Let the Spec-B hating begin once again.....................................

Now I know why I don't visit this site that often. I hope to find some useful info and all I see is the same Spec-B hating post.

Can we just go ahead and close this thread? How many times do we have to go through the Spec. B v. LGT debate? It always ends with the same old conclusion... If you like this then you should get that and if you like that then you should get this. Blah blah blah.

This thread should die a quick and painless death.

Yup, same old stuff. The LGT _is_ a crazy good deal tho - the spec b not so much. It is still a great car for the price tho, which is why i bought it. :cool:

I didn't know the '08 sti was the going to be the same as the spec b, but more gee-whiz stuff like an improved dccd, highlight washers, and just a couple(?) grand more

I am a total Subaru junkie having owned nothing else for 21 years. However, the Spec-B is an anomoly that resembles the SVX. To a great extent, there is "a limit" to what Subaru drivers will pay for a performance car. I purchased my $35,000 1993 SVX in late 1994 for $21,000 because the dealer had so many left-over $35M SVX's. This same condition exists currently with Chrysler dealers and the Crossfire series. (You can purchase a Mercedes built, new 2006 Crossfire for $18,000---$18,000 off the list.) Dealers in my area all have their entire inventory of 2007 Spec B's still in stock. I predict that six months from now, Spec-B's will sell for about $24,000--a very good buy. Like the SVX phenomenon, a great, great buy.

Are you saying Subaru drivers are cheap?

And since when do a bunch of great components like a LSD, STi 6 speed, better shocks, aluminum control arms etc make a car an anomoly?

Now that SVX IMO was a bit of a strange looking car.

I am a total Subaru junkie having owned nothing else for 21 years. However, the Spec-B is an anomoly that resembles the SVX. To a great extent, there is "a limit" to what Subaru drivers will pay for a performance car. I purchased my $35,000 1993 SVX in late 1994 for $21,000 because the dealer had so many left-over $35M SVX's. This same condition exists currently with Chrysler dealers and the Crossfire series. (You can purchase a Mercedes built, new 2006 Crossfire for $18,000---$18,000 off the list.) Dealers in my area all have their entire inventory of 2007 Spec B's still in stock. I predict that six months from now, Spec-B's will sell for about $24,000--a very good buy. Like the SVX phenomenon, a great, great buy.

Spec_b

Cobb Stage II @ 18.2psi, K&N Typhoon, Shifter Bushings, waiting to install Perrin TMIC, Hawk Street Pads

Are you saying Subaru drivers are cheap?

in general subaru drivers ARE 'budget minded' (aka cheap), theres nothing wrong with that, but budget minded ppl and ppl who comfortably spend more $$ have very different views on a car that falls on the border of their respective budget. The Spec B falls in this range and ends up becoming the center of a lot of pointless, moronic debates. I say 'pointless' because ppl harp the same points over and over and no sort of conclusion is drawn that everyone can agree to.

IN my mind i could have bought a $40-50K BMW on my budget, but decided i didnt need to spend that money, so i was saving money on a spec B, it had most of what i wanted for a lower price, and overall better value for money.

Cheaper ppl who like the LGT view the Spec B is an overpriced ripoff because they are coming from a different place (figuratively) in car purchasing.

in general subaru drivers ARE 'budget minded' (aka cheap), theres nothing wrong with that, but budget minded ppl and ppl who comfortably spend more $$ have very different views on a car that falls on the border of their respective budget. The Spec B falls in this range and ends up becoming the center of a lot of pointless, moronic debates. I say 'pointless' because ppl harp the same points over and over and no sort of conclusion is drawn that everyone can agree to.

IN my mind i could have bought a $40-50K BMW on my budget, but decided i didnt need to spend that money, so i was saving money on a spec B, it had most of what i wanted for a lower price, and overall better value for money.

Cheaper ppl who like the LGT view the Spec B is an overpriced ripoff because they are coming from a different place (figuratively) in car purchasing.

I think I agree with that. Jimmi Hendrix Got arrested for possesion of cocaine and when he was asked why he was involved with it and if it was a bad thing for young people to see etc etc he replied with a quote that seems to hold weight in this situation just as much as it did back then...

"Different strokes for different folks"

Depending on peoples expendable income the extra money for the spec B may be insignifigant and it includes options they deem as luxury items willing to pay for. There is also a number of people who would prefer to modify in the aftermarket to get pretty much the same results with a price savings. People who buy the spec B may have reasons they don't want to do this. TIME can be a big one. they want to drive off the lot with a car that already has everything they want and they dont have to touch it as long as they own it.

I dont fall anywhere in there Im on a limited budget and would have been happy with an LGT limited, thats what i was looking for. On autotrader this spec B came up listed as a LGT limited and had an unlisted price and I just sohappened to call and ask the price. After going to look at it and what not it came to a price not signifigantly more than I would have ended up paying for an equivalent mileage 2006 LGT, but this one had some cool stuff that was worth the extra 3,000 for me. It is also in cherry creampuff condition which with any used car is not easy to find. I was planning on buying a really nice garmin navigation for my car and boat for christmas with money from my grandmother but instead I just put that towards the Spec B. why I personally got a spec B instead of an LGT? 26,000 miles, Excelent condition, red leather seats, touch screen nav, the suspention that wont have to be replaced for the level of agressive driving ill be doing, and the same aftermarket parts available as any other LGT.

it was worth 3 or 4 grand to me. Cant just count the cost of aftermarket parts too. have to count the labor paid to somebody to install them or the time you spend doing it yourself that you could be doing work and making money. Depending on your job and your skill level with install work you may make more money an hour that it costs for you to pay somebody and so you are loosing money by doing it yourself. Cant forget lost time, which is unmeasurable. Time with family, friends, pets. Not saying these are everybodys reasons but everybody is on their own path and everybody has a reason for doing anything they do instead of any of the other choices they could have made

Archived