LegacyGT.com

Dude, why'd you pay extra for the Spec b?!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a total Subaru junkie having owned nothing else for 21 years. However, the Spec-B is an anomoly that resembles the SVX. To a great extent, there is "a limit" to what Subaru drivers will pay for a performance car. I purchased my $35,000 1993 SVX in late 1994 for $21,000 because the dealer had so many left-over $35M SVX's. This same condition exists currently with Chrysler dealers and the Crossfire series. (You can purchase a Mercedes built, new 2006 Crossfire for $18,000---$18,000 off the list.) Dealers in my area all have their entire inventory of 2007 Spec B's still in stock. I predict that six months from now, Spec-B's will sell for about $24,000--a very good buy. Like the SVX phenomenon, a great, great buy.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Subaru doesn't promote the car at all. hell, I didnt even know this car existed! I was originally looking for a 2007 STI, but the dealers around here had none since they are all awaiting the 08' only after a friend of mine mentioned this car did I chceck it out. SOA needds to advertise the car better

I think it has more to do with the fact that Subaru doesn't promote the car at all. hell, I didnt even know this car existed! I was originally looking for a 2007 STI, but the dealers around here had none since they are all awaiting the 08' only after a friend of mine mentioned this car did I chceck it out. SOA needds to advertise the car better

I agree. I don’t live in an area that experiences "loss of traction" type weather often, but most everyone I know wants safety, performance and a good driving experience in their vehicle. I see Altimas, Camrys and 3 series BMW’s all the time here and I know if people here were more familiar with Subaru they be much more likely to consider it.

Unfortunately most locals think of this car exclusively when Subaru is mentioned:

http://www.subdriven.com/news/uploads/Features/3_1982_brat.jpg

Oh well, at least I’m not another Altima owner.

To OP:

Perhaps its just me, but you shouldn't have to prove anything about your purchases to anyone... obviously you liked it and bought it, so who really cares what anyone else thinks? (If the answer is you, then you made your decision for the wrong reasons)

As for the strange behavior towards the spec.B:

I really don't understand this at all... we are all Legacy owners, and for all intents and purposes we share the same vehicle. Regardless if I see a 2.5i, a GT, or even a spec.B, i'll honk and wave, or even just smile... for a community dedicated to owners, this type of behavior just make me sad :(

This sort of thing reminds me of the days when I was dedicated to Porsche... we would all get together, and there would always be some idiot that came across a 924/944/968/928 and would say "oh, thats not a real Porsche". I never understood that statement, and in the end while they stood in their little corner with their nose stuck up, the rest of us would go have fun, regardless of what model we might have owned.

Blame first year Spec B owners who think they got more than they pay for.

I was Bilstein + NAV package with fancy interior that plenty of people thought was overpriced.

Krzys

PS Oh I forgot. The biggest difference was numbered Spec B plate.

Blame first year Spec B owners who think they got

So youre saying that the attitudes of the 06 Spec B owners kind of ruined it for subsquent Spec B owners? That would explained a lot of the unwarranted and 'out of left field' hostility i got when i first registered on the forums.

This is the gheyest thread ever... let it die :cool:
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

My list of wants was as follows:

Nav, 6MT, 4 doors, good driving experience. I was between the 2008 TL, 2008 G35 sedan, and the 2008 spec.b. As far as I'm concerned, I had to make a choice between blue tooth and AWD. I chose AWD.

I've seen some LGTs that I would totally sell my baby down the river for. I'm not jaded enough to think anyone has spec.b envy. I'm actually de-badging it so nobody accuses me of paying for a false sense of exclusivity. I like it. I think there are plenty of options it doesn't have that a car with a $37k sticker should absolutely have standard.

If you really want the 6 speed and the ability to call the car a spec b, then get that, i wanted a auto because i have a 600hp stick car, i also wanted cloth seats, heated cloth was just a bonus. If i wanted to built a Legacy i would have gotten the spec just because i love 6 speed. I knew i would be driving this car in rush hour traffic, i did that for 2 summers in my 6 speed Trans Am and i would get so angry and my ankle would get so tired. I needed auto and cloth, so i only really looked at non limited 5 speed autos. You get a car for what you want with it, i have a baby its Wisconsin need AWD and a 4 door, the turbo was just a plus. Now i can play with this car all winter and my supra and LGT when summer comes. Some people pay 10,000 more for the stage 1 roush mustang, all that is different is a body kit, exhaust that only adds liek 7hp and a cold air intake like 5hp. Some people pay more for the WS6 Trans Am, all that is is some different springs, slp exhaust that adds 0 hp and the ram air hood that adds 0 hp. Its all good if you really want to be able to say Spec B, WS6 or Roush or whatever

Archived