LegacyGT.com

Ethnic food.....who's a fan?

PGT

We're blessed to have a veritable cornucopia of places around...within an hour's drive, we can have food from any region, any country in the world. We even have one of the best restaurants in the world within an hour (best in the US and best Inn in the US).

Herndon is near by and they're proud of the epicurial diversity - click. If we ever move away, we'll miss it for sure.

I'm a fan of middle eastern, especially Afghan food lately. What are you eating?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am ethnic! :lol: not really.... ;)

I love Japanese food, detest Korean (even though I am), love Mexican, Italian, and some Thai dishes.

Sushi. I love sushi... but cooked meats, not the raw kind. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

everytime I go some place, some little Korean lady wants to feed me Kimchee. YUK! :puke:

i love love love sushi though... but I'm sure that has something to do with spending the first 2 yrs of my life in Japan vs in Korea.

Also, I've been a huge fan of Indian cuisine and Hawaiian chicken (can't remember what it's called but AK Wagon got me hooked).

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

around here, we get Peruvian chicken. so good. a pitcher of maracuya to wash it down and toasted corn to crunch on.

http://www.ambassade-equateur.fr/images/maracuya.jpg

Stomach still churning from the spicy Indian dinner tonight - downed by a few Kingfisher beers it hurts so good!

Also a fan of Thai and Ethiopian food. There's a middle eastern joint near me that has a belly dancer on the weekends (hot) but she scares my kids so we don't get there much anymore.

The only time I'll avoid ethnic food is while on an airplane to the far east. That stuff is the worst. I made the mistake of ordering the "asian" box lunch vs the "american" lunch on a flight to Thailand and was served a fish head in a box which everyone else on the plane seemed to enjoy.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Guest heightsgtltd

PGT, what korean have you had?

Dishes like Bul Gogi which is marinated beef you would prob really like. I like Korean, but not Kimchi.

I also like middle eastern food, and there are a couple of Ethiopian food restauarants that I really like in NYC.

You eat mostly with your hands, and the plate is really bread that you eat too!

I love ethnic foods, I'll pretty much eat any variety. Plus I live in Herndon ;) so I have my choice of the many delicious types within walking distance. One place I loved was Saffron Garden (middle eastern type food), which unfortunately closed after a few short months. It had a descent location but terrible marketing. Too bad.

Why no love for Korean food? :confused: Bulgogi and kimchee = :wub: In addition to Korean food, I love Chinese (Mandarin, Szechuan, Hunan, and even Cantonese), Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian, German, British, Irish, Jamaican, Costa Rican, etc. Of course, I'm Chinese and we're essentially human garbage disposals. I'll pretty much eat anything except ketchup and coleslaw. (Cole's law = there are certain combinations of edible ingredients that, when combined, produce inedible results.) :p

Love sushi, but hate the way Filipinos cook/present their seafood. I'll eat anything Filipino that doesn't have any seafood in it.

On another note, Halal chicken and rice drowned in white sauce, anyone?? (there has to be SOMEONE in here who'd know what I'm talking about)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

PGT, I heard that Inn at Little Washington is great, but we havent been yet.

I think it's beyond great from what I've heard. Top ten in the world takes something more than just great. We'd be down for checking it out....it's a once every 5 years kind of menu....price wise. Next time you guys plan a trip, let me know....they are something like 12 months out on reservations.

I eat pretty much any food :lol:

I dont like korean BBQ & I'm not a fan of about 1/2 the thai menu. I'll eat anything else there is :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived