LegacyGT.com

Did Cobb AP for '07-'08 fix the stutter?

Lothar

Did the new Cobb AP for '07-'08 LGT fix the stutter?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Did the new Cobb AP for '07-'08 LGT fix the stutter?

• Yes, AP completely fixed the stutter.
    • The stutter is better, but not completely gone.
    • The stutter is just as bad as it was before AP.
    • I never had the stutter in the first place.

Started to hate driving my Spec-B with the stutter and now love it again. Huge difference!!

I'm at stg1 91 and can't wait to go stg 2!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stage 1 completely fixed my studderrrrrrrrrrrr.

And as for "bad drivers" mine had it the day I got it. I thought I didn't know how to drive the car, then soon realized it wasn't me, it was the car, felt like fuel was being cut. So I took it back to the dealer right away and they said it was turbo lag. Obviously it wasn't, it was already in boost.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed my new AP stage 1 today. I didn't notice any substantial increase in power (I wasn't expecting to at Stage 1, and that's not why I bought the thing), but it did seem to completely cure the stutter... gone without a trace! Of course, I noted the same result the day I got my factory ECU reflash, and the stutter came back, so I'll refrain on voting in the poll for a couple hundred miles, until I'm sure it's a permanent fix.

If it did indeed cure the stutter, then it was worth every penny I paid for it, though I would of course have preferred not to have to pay for something that shouldn't have needed non-warranty fixing in the first place... Anyway, good job Cobb.

oops....got a bit of stutter today on stg1....hopefully it wont get worse...but it was pretty slight

Uh oh... how many miles now since you installed stage 1?

Maybe the solution is going to be to keep reflashing the base map every couple of weeks, to clear out all the ECU "learning" that's fouling up the nice pure Cobb base map! I sure hope not. I'm starting to think that the Subie ECU's have a learning disability.

Uh oh... how many miles now since you installed stage 1?

Maybe the solution is going to be to keep reflashing the base map every couple of weeks, to clear out all the ECU "learning" that's fouling up the nice pure Cobb base map! I sure hope not. I'm starting to think that the Subie ECU's have a learning disability.

about...i dunno....500 miles? it was maybe 2.5 weeks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading what people are asking about the stutter on the "Is Stage I Worth it for the '07's" thread, I thought it was about time to resurrect this old thread of mine, and I can now add my own results to the poll.

After several hundred miles on my Stage 1 install, I can definitely say that my stutter is completely gone. For that result alone, it was worth the purchase price of the AP.

After several hundred miles on my Stage 1 install, I can definitely say that my stutter is completely gone. For that result alone, it was worth the purchase price of the AP.

Thanks for the input! I look forward to tax returns :)

lol

Big difference in stutter reduction and less turbo lag which also causes a bit of hesitation from stage 1. It will stutter ever now and then to a point that is extremely hard to notice unless you are watching the RPM Gage. Before it was so bad that my passengers could feel it.

Just to throw in my .02 on an 08 LGT (I'm not participating in the poll at this time).

It is still in break-in, but I've done plenty of 80-100% throttle pulls from 3000-4000 on the highway. I have yet to feel a studder or anything noticeable in that rpm range....it's smooth and linear at that point, with only minor turbo lag at 3000 or so.

My 08 LGT was bought on March 29th and was produced on like March 20th (I placed the order on March 11th and got a partial VIN 9 days later!).

Joe

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm a car nazi...I notice every vibration with my car and feel it's falling apart. So it's not like I'm blind to stuff like this...

• 2 months later...
Guest LGT-NY
Just went stage II a few weeks ago, I got a pro tune and still have some stuttering when I'm really getting on it. If I press the pedal about half way down, the power band is very smooth. But as soon as I floor it, the momentary bogg down is still there although it is not as prenounced as it was before the tune.

1000 miles on stage 1. Happens occasionally. Usually when "rolling" into flooring it. If I were to "launch" (and my idea of a launch is pretty conservative) and then put it down from a stop it goes pretty good. It stutter a little when I go from part throttle to full, but not nearly as bad as before, and not all the time.

Note to Subaru: Have someone else redesign your ecu, your design is a piece of crap. I like the rest of the car, but your engine management is outdone by most of the rest of the industry.

why does this question keep getting asked, the dealer will fix it for free, and it will not come back, if it does, then you have other issues you need to address with your car.

its a ecu related issue, not a mechanical issue with the motor, why pay $700 to fix it when the dealer will for free.

sorry for the rant,

why does this question keep getting asked, the dealer will fix it for free, and it will not come back, if it does, then you have other issues you need to address with your car.

its a ecu related issue, not a mechanical issue with the motor, why pay $700 to fix it when the dealer will for free.

sorry for the rant,

I've had my car into the dealer five times in the last year. They have reflashed it three of those time with the newest map available. Last attempt was three weeks ago. I was told there are no newer maps coming out from Subaru. Each map the dealer put in made the car run progressivly worse and decreased my fuel mileage on average 3 MPG by the time they were done. They could find no other problems with the car.

I like my car too much to get rid of it and planned to go to stage 2 plus TMIC with a protune. Everyone I've talked to has been sucessfull with totally eliminating the stutter with stage 2 with a protune and picked up some good HP doing so. The AP is needed to go this route, that's why I purchased it.

I've had my car into the dealer five times in the last year. They have reflashed it three of those time with the newest map available. Last attempt was three weeks ago. I was told there are no newer maps coming out from Subaru. Each map the dealer put in made the car run progressivly worse and decreased my fuel mileage on average 3 MPG by the time they were done. They could find no other problems with the car.

I like my car too much to get rid of it and planned to go to stage 2 plus TMIC with a protune. Everyone I've talked to has been sucessfull with totally eliminating the stutter with stage 2 with a protune and picked up some good HP doing so. The AP is needed to go this route, that's why I purchased it.

sorry but i find that hard to believe, its a known issue right from factory, you definatly need a 2nd opinion from another dealership

Archived