LegacyGT.com

How To: Dis-Able Seatbelt Chime SERIOUSLY.

The chime will come back anytime the battery voltage dips below a certain level it seems.

I don't have to disconnect or drain the battery entirely (it has happened :icon_roll) but I've had the chime return after being parked with the radio on for an hour or more etc... I'm running two amplifiers in my aftermarket setup and they probably put quite a draw on the system. More likely to occur if the heated seats are left on too on too ;).

After these types of scenarios, the engine is slightly harder to turn over so I'm figuring the drain on the battery is the culprit.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok i tried the instructions and cant get this to work. Is there a different way to do it for the 2007 legacy 2.5?

Worked on my '07. I failed the 1st few times because I didn't have the key turned enough. The dash lights need to be on before clicking. :icon_mrgr

Ok correction to my pervious post. After a sour index finger from who knows how many times of un-clicking my seatbelt, the darn thing worked. Proof to show that persistence pays off. Good luck to the next person trying to do this.

Why is this so tough to do? I have followed the intstructions:

Turn car to ACC on

plug/unplug twenty times ...maybe more..I have tried it several ways

Turn car off

Then start the car immediately afterwards right?

I have a 05 LGT that chimes about 12 times every 10-15 seconds until I get around to latching the belt. I always do btw but man this is annoying :icon_mad:

I'm being punked - I know it!!! :-)

yea mine was good ever since spring, it started chiming again, did the mod again, was good for the day, thenn in the morning it started chiming again, it resets whenever it's cold out for some reason... ;\ i'll just deal with it til it gets warm again

OK- It worked!! I don't know why it worked this time and not the other handful of times I tried it....

I was in the parking lot after the Panthers game yesterday. Needless to say, this was the highlight of the day for me. Carolina sucks this year. Our QB spot, Defensive Secondary, and Coaches are all in need of a serious overhaul. Blah.

Needless to say, this was the highlight of the day for me. Carolina sucks this year. Our QB spot, Defensive Secondary, and Coaches are all in need of a serious overhaul. Blah.

I'll trade you your team straight up for the Lions......then you'll feel our pain.

Hey we will even throw in Matt Millian for nothing

So I must be retarded but I have tried this so many times I cant count!! I have done it more and less times (the buckle part). I have done it very fast and a little slower, I can get it to stop chiming but as soon as I shut the car off and restart it starts up again. Here is what I did.........

1) key to acc

2) start with the buckle out and end with it out 20 times

3) turn key off

4) start car

Buckle went in till it clicked and out so that it released, I tried it with the key in the "on" position also (not started) and same thing. I have a 2006 5EAT has anyone with this setup accomplished this?

You have to finish the plug/unplug w/in 30 sec, then off, and start. My 05 LGT worked like a champ. :icon_cool

Why is this so tough to do? I have followed the intstructions:

Turn car to ACC on

plug/unplug twenty times ...maybe more..I have tried it several ways

Turn car off

Then start the car immediately afterwards right?

I have a 05 LGT that chimes about 12 times every 10-15 seconds until I get around to latching the belt. I always do btw but man this is annoying :icon_mad:

I'm being punked - I know it!!! :-)

now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

• 3 weeks later...

well, i tried the 20 click trick twice yesterday and it was to no avail...

then this morning i tried it on my way to work, and it seemed to work, the seatbelt light in the upper left hand corner of the dashboard is GONE (is that norml?) and the beeping seems to have ceased....

other than the light being gone, is there any significant change to my car?

and why does this 20 click trick work? is it just overloading the seatbelt chime/light fixture?

thanks for you time and help,

d

Archived