LegacyGT.com

How To: Dis-Able Seatbelt Chime SERIOUSLY.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
FYI...I played my radio for about 5 hours yesterday while rebuilding a gazebo that caved in due to some snow. Upon starting it, I could tell the battery was a bit low due to the slow starter motor rotation sound. I guess the low battery charge re-engaged my seatbelt chime. So I'm assuming if you disconnect the batter or get low on charge, you'll have to performe this exercise again. Makes sense when you think about it.

has anyone thought that when you connect the male part of the buckle to the female part that the male is completeing the circuit inside causing the chime to quit?, instead of going though all that buckling/unbuckling and still end up not working, why can't you "jump" (making it think it's connected) the inside of the female part of buckle, you would need a wiring diagram ect., bosco:icon_idea
Stay Stock Stay Happy

good thought. by taking female latch apart you could compromise the latch. there must be some way to do this with out going inside latch. it has to have a circuit to the chime. is this a NO switch?, then buckle must close it. if there is a wire from female side buckle maybe you could just ground it out, if this is a NC switch then opening it (cut wire) should stop chime. wish i had a print of circuit. thoughts?
Stay Stock Stay Happy

i am asking for infro about this, i don't know if this will work or not, it just makes sense to me there has to be some kind of path to chime, something has to tell it to work, there only two things in an electrical circuit, a load ( the chime) and a switch ( buckle?), if this is the case then yes to your question, i'm going to see a friend at his body shop to see if this might work, any ideas would be great, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

I'd like to agree - either cut a wire or jump two wires. But, in all likelyhood, there's a computer involved.

If there's a separate load sensor to check if there's a butt already in the seat, the computer might complain if the latch switch is always indicating belted.

I've had the "20 latch/unlatch" version reset for no apparant reason a couple times now.

Where's that wiring diagram? And a ROM dump?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

just when i thought i was on to something, never gave load sensor a thought, that's why these forum's are here, will look into that also, body shop confirmed there must be a connector under seat, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

I plan on some experimentation this weekend.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I got the driver side to work, is there a trick for the passenger side also or is it the same, do you need to have someone in the driver and passenger side due to the sensors?

No, once you disable the driver side the passenger side is disabled also, and the airbag still works when weight is in the seat

• 2 weeks later...
i have tries this "trick" three times now, and it never has worked. i have an LGT 5EAT, so i need some clarification, do the gauges have to be visible for it to work? if so, what did nonov mean when he said to let the belt anchor pop out of the reciever, is that just saying to take out the clip once its in?

i just tried it again, and still it just resets itself!! i am going to explain exactly what i do, and someone please tell me if im doing it wrong, i turn they key so the guages go on, plug in the belt and unplug it fully 20 times, and on the 20th time leave it in, then turn the car on, i unplug the belt, and there is no chime, so i think it worked, then i turn it off, take out the key, and when i turn it back on, the chime starts instantly, WTF?!?!

If all else fails, snip one of the two, thin black wires on the piece that holds up the inboard latch of the seatbelt. You just need to peel back the plactic with a finger and use a skinny pair of scissors or snips.

Probably non-undoable, but I'm not worried, I use my seatbelts religiously except for the last 20 feet pulling into my garage.

is the chime supposed to ding when you first turn the car on? cuz i just tried it one more time, and it seemed to work, except for the annoying dinging at first, but then it goes off, it just seems like this should disable it completely, and it shouldn't chime six or eight times when you first turn the car on

is there any way to just disable the chime itself?, it has to be somewhere under the dash panel, right? cant you just clip a wire for the speaker or w/e it is? and then youd also disable the key in door open chime, which is seriously annoying also

• 2 weeks later...
OK.....I'm stumped....I have tried this 20 click deal about 20 different times and ways....it SIMPLY doesn't work on my car....has this been tried on '06 models? I have read the thread for hours and am sure I am doing it as it is spelled out....NO LUCK :(

It has worked on our '06, but then resets for unknown reasons.

Archived