LegacyGT.com

How To: Dis-Able Seatbelt Chime SERIOUSLY.

Worked for me the second time I tried it. Has been turned off for a week or so. I'm thinking of turning it back on though. Its a pain in the ass but it does serve a purpose. I've caught myself driving without a seat belt once already.

I'm starting to think that I'd rather have it nag me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....either you guys are a way smarter than me or there is something different about my car:iam: ...I'm sure that Canadian cars are the same as the American model....they are all assembled in the US anyway:icon_bigg

This "Quicky fix" does NOT work on my car:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks for the ideas all the same...I had nothing else to do with the 3 or 4 hours I wasted on this.:lol:

Just did my US '05 LGT again, after the dealer disconnected the battery for some warranty work. Like Paradiso, I had to run the sequence twice to make the LGT chimes go away, although it worked the first time through on the 06 Forester loaner I had.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

OK...What am I missing?? Here is what I am doing

1. Turn the key to Acc/On....not enough to start the engine but all the dash lights and chimes are on.

2. Plug/unplug the seatbelt fully .....20 times as fast as I can..approx 20 sec.

3. Turn the key Off

4. Start the engine....No change at all:confused:

I have tried it once....twice in sequence......lots of times in various sequences.

NO LUCK:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

I found that I didn't have to click/unclick crazy fast. Just connect/disconnect seat belt EXACTLY 20 times. You have to do it quickly but its not a speed contest.

Also, when you first start the car the chime will still ring, its the reminder chime that gets disabled. Maybe you are doing it right after all.:iam:

You must be kidding??? You mean all this stuff is just to prevent idiots, who drive around without their seatbelts undone, from hearing the chime?? They deserve to be ANNOYED ALL TO HELL!!!:icon_twis

All I wanted to do was remove the "Ding, ding, ding" when I first get in the car. I have NEVER driven this car, or any other, even out of the driveway without doing up my seatbelts properly.

Boy,,,,did I waste a lot of time for nothing!!!!:(

This has been discussed / debated many times. The vast majority of us you have done this seatbelt chime disable DO wear our seatbelts when driving. ALWAYS. But the friggin' chime going off every single minute annoys the hell out of us when we're sitting in the driveway warming up the car, or otherwise before we get moving. I understand your frustration for not understanding what this mod was, exactly - although it was mentioned a couple times - and if it's not something you want, then so be it. To each, their own. For me, the most annoying thing is that my 40lb dog likes to ride shotgun, and she's heavy enough for the car to think that some person is sitting in the passenger seat and should be wearing their seatbelt, so the chime goes off incessently. The beauty of threads like these is that it gives every person the option to tailor their car exactly to their needs/wants: freedom of choice is a GREAT thing. If it's not for you, then just move along to the next thread...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

• 1 month later...
its the reminder chime that gets disabled. Maybe you are doing it right after all.:iam:

this "mod" is also supposed to turn off the cluster light by the gauges. i have gotten this to work once, but my dad, being the genius he is, drained the battery one night, and now i can't get the disable to work for the life of me. someone please just tell me if these are the right steps,

1. turn key so gauges go on, but engine doesn't

2. plug/unplug seatblet 20 times

3. leave seatbelt out or in? does it matter?

4. turn key to off

5. start car

• 2 weeks later...
this "mod" is also supposed to turn off the cluster light by the gauges. i have gotten this to work once, but my dad, being the genius he is, drained the battery one night, and now i can't get the disable to work for the life of me. someone please just tell me if these are the right steps,

1. turn key so gauges go on, but engine doesn't

2. plug/unplug seatblet 20 times

3. leave seatbelt out or in? does it matter?

4. turn key to off

5. start car

You've got to push the metal all the way in, and pull it ALL the way out of the fixture. It took me a few tries, because I wasn't pulling the 'male' part completely out of the 'female' clasp.

And you've got to do it fast. I mean like your arm-is-having-a-spasm-attack fast. It also takes two hands: one to push and pull, and one to press the release button. I didn't count exactly twenty releases, either. Actually, I think it was more like forty-five or so.

Go back and read the beginning of the thread to make sure you didn't miss anything, and give it another try. Good luck.

Cheers.

all i did was follow the instructions. I did remove the key completely on step 4 then put it back in and started the car. I waited about 10 minutes to see if it would start chiming but nothing happened!!!! so it worked for me.

I had a heck of a time getting this to work. I must have tried at least 20 times. Finally got this to work by:

1. key in ignition turn to on

2. click 20 times (counting the releases)

3. turn key to off

4. open drivers door

one time worked for me!!!

i hate you!

*grumble grumble*

still can't get the damn beeping to stop! agh!! i'll try pugsly's way too. i think i just don't have the timing just right or something. i've done this twice before, so can't figure out why i can't now. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

you don't have to engage then release really fast. I did mine casually. I noticed too that you hear a very faint beep either from the belt harness (thing you plug in to) or from somewhere under the seat each time you engage then release.

for the last time there are tons of at the local junk yard that what we did we saw a 2003 wrx and just cut the belt and slide the clip off the belt (the thing you plug it into) wham no more chime

You are definitely missing the point...

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

for the last time there are tons of at the local junk yard that what we did we saw a 2003 wrx and just cut the belt and slide the clip off the belt (the thing you plug it into) wham no more chime

sorry, that's just tacky imo. and i'm not going to carry that in my LGT with leather and decked out for the 3 mins here or there i need to have the seat belt NOT buzz. and if there is a passenger, it will still be buzzing and making me crazy. so it won't actually resolve the issue for me.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 3 weeks later...

For the heck of it, I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about and dis-able the chime.

1. Turned the key to ON,

2. clicked and un-clicked the belt 20 times in a row.

3. Shut the car, started the car up, NO CHIME. DONE.

^ Same hear so I could back my car down the driveway without it freaking out at me. I wear mine all the time.

It worked great but the damn passenger seat is dinging at me with no one sitting in it! So I had to reach over this morning and fasten the passenger seatbelt to get it to shut up on my drive to work!!! I am still laughing at it...

I will try it again tonight to reset it....

Archived