LegacyGT.com

How To: Dis-Able Seatbelt Chime SERIOUSLY.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, first off...I HATE THIS BEEPING...

Tried to turn it off today by following the instructions, no go b/c when I had my seatbelt off, there the chime went again...

So I tried again, turned off the car, then back on, and what do you know, still dinging when I go somewhere in the car w/o the seatbelt on...

Freakin annoying, and either I'm smokin crack or these instructions suck cause I did it 3 times, and after each one, there it goes again...

Get some better crack, chill for a couple days, and give it another try. You'll get it right sooner or later. Some people have reported the need to run the whole sequence twice in a row (immediatly in a row) or even three times. But I have a car like yours ('05 LGT LTD 5MT) and the sequence usually works the first time, so think it's just karma: it's hard to get right if you're frustrated.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

for the last time there are tons of at the local junk yard that what we did we saw a 2003 wrx and just cut the belt and slide the clip off the belt (the thing you plug it into) wham no more chime

this is tacky but the dealership has to suplie you with seat belt extensions. tell them your mother is over weight and cant use the belt properly. or insert any person you want. or dont tell them anything. but the dealer is suposed to suplie seat belt extensions for fat ppl.

your plug one end in and leave it. you can still buckel into the extension if u want ot be safe or u could leave it out and the car thinks your buckeled

i just did this again the other day. turn key to on posistion (not run)

plug in and out 20 times (get some extra slack in the belt)

end unpluged and turn key off

start the car

worked for me

I hate you guys:(

I did it fifty thousand times, every time afterwards, she still wants to ding at me...

• 4 weeks later...
Worked for me, make sure the dials are on, but not the engine. But I do wonder, is it unsafe to do this in any way? I mean if we wear the seatbelt ALL the time, but with the chime turned off, will it compromise safety in any way?

just noticed that whenever you remove the battery cables, you'll have to do this whole process again. It worked for me with no problems.

I just don't understand how people can't follow the simple instructions that are posted. Seriously, the second time around, I did it so slow that a turtle ran across my garage and it still worked.

• 1 month later...

Took me two tries to get it to work in my 07 Legacy. Thanks for the wonderful tip!!!!!

I did 20 times, turned it off, it still beeped. Did it again, it turned it off. Now when I start the car I get an itital "Put your seatbelt on!" Chime and light, and then.. NO MORE!! Woohoo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have an 05 Outback XT and I was able to disable the chime but then it came back and not I can't disable it again. I've tried the once method at the acc position, the twice method at the acc position. I tried the once method with the ignition on and the twice method with the ignition on. And no matter what after I start my car the stupid seat belt chimes blings and blings. Anyone have any suggestions?

I used the 20-click method on the '06 sedan. Chime is on at startup and never returns. Dash warning light comes on at startup and never returns. I unhook the belt every day as I pull into the parking garage so I can reach for the little ticket, this noise was a daily nuisance. Thanks.

It's BACK! Yup, that's right. It's been about 6 months or so without that chime and all of a sudden it came back. On top of that, it won't go away the same way I disabled it last time. (20 click method). It was quiet for months, but it has returned and will not go away. (No, the batt. was never reset or anything like that, just started it up the other day and BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I actually turned mine back on the other day only it's different...it's like a hybrid version of the chime. The reason I turned it back on is since my sassy lady friend had decided she would test my attention skills by only wearing her belt some of the time...women?!? Anyway, I turned it back on and it beeps on start up...if the lady doesn't buckle it'll continue to beep (warning light on the overhead console flashes for the passenger's side) but if I un-buckle while at the drive through or in the parking garage the light comes on and flashes but it won't beep at me again...only beeps for the front passenger after the initial start? It's almost like it knows I'll put my seatbelt right back on... :iam:

Archived