LegacyGT.com

06 lgt 5eat AP stage 1 woes

ArcTec34

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the LGt isnt even comparible to the sti though. i would find that to be a good thing. wrxs are a dime a dozen, at least a LGT is unique, not to mention the amazing build quality. well, i got a new map, ill post on how it works tomorrow =)

yeah, im not ready to get the VB upgrade, too much $$!!!! so the guy from Cobb is going to send me a redone map with a raised fuel limit resume. but i still think ill have the problem. this ONLY happens after i take a turn, etc. ugh. so im stumped.

raising the boost limit rev resume fixed it for me

did cobb ifx it or a private tuner? maybe the guy i talked to at cobb didnt change it on the "updated" map he just gave me and did other stuff instead.. he was skeptical when i brought this stuff up..

I don't think they changed it. If he didn't know what rev limit fuel resume is then how would he know what to change.

I've seen a posting by Cobb and they basically said rev limit fuel resume won't fix it. 2005garnetGT's experience is opposite to that. Also, ecutek seems to think it will fix it. I know that ecutek has flat footed shifting on older cars so they probably are familiar with rev limit fuel resume.

did cobb ifx it or a private tuner? maybe the guy i talked to at cobb didnt change it on the "updated" map he just gave me and did other stuff instead.. he was skeptical when i brought this stuff up..

I fixed it...

I had to wait 2 months for the definition release that contained the table, but I had heard of the table and through logical deduction determined why it was that table, and why it never affected anyone who was stock.

Doesn't sound like it. The value is a boost value and it only changes how the car reacts when you hit the limiter. With the value changed to 12psi or so it should bounce off the limiter a couple times then shift immediately rather than dropping RPM's down to 4K or so. You really need more RPM's to give the TCU that extra second it needs. Its kinda "shift challenged". LOL

To remedy this problem I have my rev limiter raised to 7K as well as the resume function changed to 12psi. Believe it or not though, I've had the car in sport mode hit the limiter still. Only a couple times but with the resume feature changed its not violent.

Christain from Cobb changed thevalue for me. he says he raised the value to "1430.30" does this sound like the right value? because i still have the problem =(

I have modified the values to the appropriate levels (hopefully), you will need to Reflash your vehicle in order for the changes I implemented in the Beta calibration I sent you to take effect. I will continue to communicate with you about this issue via e-mail. I posted here to let others know that I would appreciate it if I was able to get more volunteers to use a beta calibration to see if this behavior continues with a modified calibration. Please PM me if you are interested in testing this out on any 05, 05.5, or 06 LGT AT.

Take care,

Christian.

Christain from Cobb changed thevalue for me. he says he raised the value to "1430.30" does this sound like the right value? because i still have the problem =(

yeah so when i said i still had the problem its becasue I didnt load that map coorectly :spin: oh well. So the problem DOES seem to be fixed with the new map. Anyone else who would like a revised test map should post here!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all those who've posted on this; I think I've identified my problem too. It only happens when I manually shift my 5EAT, and I had assumed it was a harsher type of rev-limiter from the AccessPort. Whenever I hit the rev-limit it just hesitates, as opposed to the factory stutter. Today I watched the boost gauge and it does seem to "wait" until boost falls to 9psi until acceleration resumes, be it in the existing gear or the next one if I've upshifted.

This only happens when I'm manually shifting, not in automatic mode.

I'm at Stage 1 with a 12/04 build date 5EAT.

Christian, while I don't want to be a beta tester (I'm actually still under warranty), I eagerly await a solution.

Thanks,

Cleaver

Thanks to all those who've posted on this; I think I've identified my problem too. It only happens when I manually shift my 5EAT, and I had assumed it was a harsher type of rev-limiter from the AccessPort. Whenever I hit the rev-limit it just hesitates, as opposed to the factory stutter. Today I watched the boost gauge and it does seem to "wait" until boost falls to 9psi until acceleration resumes, be it in the existing gear or the next one if I've upshifted.

Christian, while I don't want to be a beta tester (I'm actually still under warranty), I eagerly await a solution.

Thanks,

Cleaver

If it happens in manual mode then its simply your fault for pushing the button too late and its not a "problem". Although it can be fixed so it acts like a normal car and essentially bounces off the limiter. Either way, you still need to puch the button sooner or raise the rev limiter.

i'll be finally going stg I tomorrow... will be getting latest updated map from cobb's site

christian do i need to get this new map that's being discussed? or is that only if i have a problem?

yeah go stage one first and then hopefully you won't have these problems.

Thanks,

Cleaver

Being a "beta tester" isn't a bad thing.. and you're worried about your warranty? you went stage one to begin with..

look, I honestly feel cobb should push this out to EVERY 5EAT legacy, 4EAT WRX and 4EAT baja, FXT out there.

there is literally NO downside, and I'm sure some other isolated cases are experiencing this and not really knowing what is going on.

look, I honestly feel cobb should push this out to EVERY 5EAT legacy, 4EAT WRX and 4EAT baja, FXT out there.

there is literally NO downside, and I'm sure some other isolated cases are experiencing this and not really knowing what is going on.

That is the plan, once we get back from overseas we plan on testing and implementing this on all vehicles that exhibit the issues. You are welcome to PM me if you are interested in testing.

Take care,

Christian.

Well, I decided to become a beta tester, and the updated map definitely solves the problem. I can now bump the rev-limiter and reacts just like the factory rev-limiter - a fairly gentle misfiring instead ofa complete loss of power. So far, no downsides either, but I only drive my car on weekends.

Thanks Christian!

Cleaver

Just thought I'd chime in. I just got my AP installed on my '06 Outback XT 5EAT and am seeing red-line/fuel cut on rolling, 5mph, launches after making a turn. Seems like the transmission tries to shift too late for the acceleration rate. If I ease off the gas slightly at 5500rpm I can keep it out of the red-line.

I've started a conversation with Christian about beta testing the updated firmware.

are you guys in 2nd or 1st gear when this is happening? Manual mode, sport mode or just automatic?

I drive in manual mode (i find i get better mileage), and have not had this problem in 1st or 2nd and am running cobb's Stg 1, v1.16....

brian

are you guys in 2nd or 1st gear when this is happening? Manual mode, sport mode or just automatic?

I drive in manual mode (i find i get better mileage), and have not had this problem in 1st or 2nd and am running cobb's Stg 1, v1.16....

I would assume its in 2nd. I usually run in automatic so I can't be sure. I wouldn't think the transmission would drop to 1st until I actually stop, which in this case I'm not stopping, just rolling around a corner.

I'm pretty sure that manual mode will fix the problem as well, since I would then be controlling the shifting. Similarly, leveling off the gas prevents the situation, of course thats not much fun.

As for sport mode, I think it will work similarly to manual mode. I'll give sport mode a try tomorrow.

Archived