LegacyGT.com

06 lgt 5eat AP stage 1 woes

ArcTec34

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I happens to my car too. It does not happen from a dead stop when accelerating at WOT. It only happens when I am at a slow roll before punching it. If I am rolling AND punch it AND the transmission drops down to 1st gear, I will hit the fuel cut every single time. I have now learned to just hit the + button on my steering wheel if I punch it from a roll.

+1 I'm having the same annoying issue. The revs go all the way up to 7000 and it's a crapshoot. 80% of the time the car won't say anything and once or twice it will hit the fuel cut-off at about 7100.

Someone said you do it enough and the engine will start retarding the timing? Oh? How many times would this have to happen? I've hit the rev limiter about 4 times since I've gone Stage 4 back in August. Would disconnecting the battery resume normal timing?

I think what happens is, the TCU doesn't react fast enough, it seems like the increased power throws the engine in high revs and the tranny is not quick enough to shift. And God knows my transmission shifts nice and crisp, as it should, knock on wood.

i dont think you should worry about the ecu pulling timings.... i know mine was specifically only when it dropped from a higher gear back down to first and then during hard acceleration the 1-2 shift would be screwed up, and christian's beta map fixed it.. id reccomend giving it a try, seems like you're in the same boat

That's a base map, right? Meaning, you have to reflash it the same way you reflashed it when you first went Stage 1?

I've only hit my rev limiter when I punched it from a roll so the car downshifted to 1st. I have yet to have this issue while just taking off in 1st.

That's a base map, right? Meaning, you have to reflash it the same way you reflashed it when you first went Stage 1?

I've only hit my rev limiter when I punched it from a roll so the car downshifted to 1st. I have yet to have this issue while just taking off in 1st.

yeah i know the situation you are talking about, it was the same exact thing with my car. the beta map that christain can give you will require a reflash, just like the original stg 1 map did. and it fixed everything for me =)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I'm wondering if or how many 05 eat (with a V1 AP) are having this issue? I'm to the point that I can make this happen at will. If I'm going to do any spirited driving I have to manualmatic. but I guess that's not all bad.......but getting a little annoying.......

It has happened to me a couple of times too--only under hard acceleration, and I think only when it gets into the redline in 1st. I assumed it was fuel cutoff/safety measure. (I have 05 5eat stage 1 93 octane)

Also, occasionally my engine will dip down too low in revs before it has warmed up; it almost starts lugging (this is a bit more common than the 4000 rpm thing, but still pretty rare).

So I'm wondering if or how many 05 eat (with a V1 AP) are having this issue? I'm to the point that I can make this happen at will. If I'm going to do any spirited driving I have to manualmatic. but I guess that's not all bad.......but getting a little annoying.......

I had no issues really, only when it was extremely cold, car was cold and i was running a Cobb stg 1 map. never happened on my stg 2 etune maps.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

oh crap, i was thinking of getting an AP too. I hope nobody has that problem with the 05 5eat.

I have a 05 EAT and I'm not saying that someone shouldn't get one, the difference is surprising!! Just going to stage 1 was impressive. If you were to get a AP V2 the issue sounds like it is resolved, but since I went with a V1 AP I may just have to live with it, switch to a V2, or go stade 2 sooner than I want. But if you're looking at getting one, DO IT!!

I had no issues really, only when it was extremely cold, car was cold and i was running a Cobb stg 1 map. never happened on my stg 2 etune maps.

I bet your "extremely cold" is a bit colder than what we get around here........:eek:

:icon_cry: is for your Phase I Part Out.

Also, occasionally my engine will dip down too low in revs before it has warmed up; it almost starts lugging (this is a bit more common than the 4000 rpm thing, but still pretty rare).

the idling too low in cold weather is a common problem to all LGTs, even stock. there is a thread about that somewhere.. so yeah

• 2 weeks later...
i think im having this issue. it happened once at stage 1 i was turning left to get on a highway ramp and it felt like the car just shut off. i went to stage 2 yesterday and was turning right when the light turned green, got on it a little too much and the car wasnt happy with that.

We have officially updated the 05, 05.5, & 06 LGT AT calibrations to v1.17 in order to take care of some issues or reports that you have requested or reported.

1.17 – Map revised to keep cars from hitting fuel cut at rev limit: Increased maximum boost and engine load allowed while at or near engine speed limiter.

Please try these latest calibrations out and let me know what you think.

Take care,

Christian.

Archived