LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy GT

In all seriousness, I'm hoping that, if 09 is the last MY of the current LGT, that Subaru offers some upgrades to it for a last-year model.

Such as putting the 6-spd in the LGT and not just the Spec.B....tuning the engine a little bit more (at least in the Spec.B.)...adding xenon headlights or making them an option. Doing something unique with the looks. Etc.

Otherwise, for me, I totally agree...08 all the way.

Of course, the 08 is the best model year so far :)

*puts on kevlar bodysuit wrapped in fire-retardant ceramic*

Joe

Guest Gitster

Theres little to no way that will happen. The xenons and 6 speed.

That means they would have to change their manufacturing operation and purchase a lot more 6 speeds. It just cant be part of their forecast.

Theres little to no way that will happen. The xenons and 6 speed.

That means they would have to change their manufacturing operation and purchase a lot more 6 speeds. It just cant be part of their forecast.

^+1

One thing i do think the 09' Legcay will get is probably that ipod integration headunit. because the new wrx has that. Where you can control your ipod with the steering wheel radio controls.

Also since the 08' had a few signifigant changes already, I doubt they would invest more on the production of a last year model.

Well, alot of manufacturers do special last model year things. But that's a fair point.

From what I see about HID kits on here, it seems like they could mount a ballast and use a new bulb and be 90% there.

As for 6-speed production...definitely a good point. However, if they intend to use the 6-speed in their future models, they could up production now. But you are right, pretty unlikely to happen.

Joe

I'm assuming the 08s and 09s will be identical due to the recent refresh for the 08s. You will probably get a better price on an 08.

+1. The Forester is getting redesigned for 2009. I highly doubt we will see any changes on the Legacy for the 2009 model year.

2009 Forester XT (JDM model):

http://i15.tinypic.com/834yjhf.jpg

Well, alot of manufacturers do special last model year things. But that's a fair point.

From what I see about HID kits on here, it seems like they could mount a ballast and use a new bulb and be 90% there.

As for 6-speed production...definitely a good point. However, if they intend to use the 6-speed in their future models, they could up production now. But you are right, pretty unlikely to happen.

Joe

I dont think the HID will happen, because even if they can mount and get bulbs, they will need to get a projector redesigned specifically for HID, and also get it DOT approved. all of that would take extra money, and I personally wouldnt waste that money on a car for the last year, that wouldnt reuse the headlight.

Such as putting the 6-spd in the LGT and not just the Spec.B....tuning the engine a little bit more (at least in the Spec.B.)...adding xenon headlights or making them an option. Doing something unique with the looks. Etc.

Joe

They put the age old 4EAT in the new Impreza line up, that says it all...........

for 2009 wait till the acura tsx awd turbo to come out. the standard features, options, reliability, service, etc will make subaru look like a kia.

thats right i said it. i said what ll of you are thinking.

brand loyalty imo is for morons. why want something from a maker that doesnt care what you want? i think subaru is retarded and will let the tsx beat its ass in every catagory.

tangen...but most of you complain about the lack of features but then brag about how cheap you got the demo. the acura will be more costly but at least you dont have to wait 8 years for hid.

will i jump ship?...without hesitation.

my opinion...

^ I like how you are comparing cars that aren't even out yet.

In addition, you are comparing a complete redesign to a model that has evolved since 2005.

How does the completely redesigned 2009 Acura TSX compare with the completely redesigned 2010 Subaru Legacy GT? Do you have an advance copy of Motor Trend from 2010 maybe?

for 2009 wait till the acura tsx awd turbo to come out. the standard features, options, reliability, service, etc will make subaru look like a kia.

thats right i said it. i said what ll of you are thinking.

brand loyalty imo is for morons. why want something from a maker that doesnt care what you want? i think subaru is retarded and will let the tsx beat its ass in every catagory.

tangen...but most of you complain about the lack of features but then brag about how cheap you got the demo. the acura will be more costly but at least you dont have to wait 8 years for hid.

will i jump ship?...without hesitation.

my opinion...

What a stupid thing to say. I expect that subaru will step up there game in 2010 after hearing what people have said about the new tribeca, impreza and even forester, i wouldnt be surprised to see something that can run with rs4's stock.

What is your problem with subaru? They are quick, safe, extremely reliable, versatile, great performance in all weather and overall great cars. The problem you should have is with SOA they are the ones that couldnt give a shit not subaru.

yea I noticed that when browsing through the subaru global site, they got all these extras we dont get here. 08's over there have HID with pop out washers, hi low lock for wagons to go offroading, more stereo options, and exterior accessories as well.

Should we see next gen Legacy in JDM in mid-2008? Current gen. was released in Japan in May 2003, so it would be about time.

OTOH, FHI has been busy releasing new cars - Impreza, now Forester, so maybe they will lengthen cycle for current Legacy iteration?

Archived