LegacyGT.com

Got my GT(X) car and got to drive it in some snow and ice

I picked up my Legacy GT(X) from Bill Kolb today, I have to say for me this was a great deal, and I would reccomend all in the NY NJ area look into this package. The dealership was great, and they are coming out with a lot of aftermarket products for this car, that I can get right from the dealer. The salesman Mark Wittles knew this car very well and also told me that this car has high expectations. As for the car I love the rims(18in gunmetal 5spokes), no way would I be able to afford these otherwise. The leather interior is nice, and I perfer the manual seats over the power seats. As for the exhast and srut bar I dont have anything to comepare them against so performace wise I cant say much, but the sound of the Borlas is perfect, its my favorite part about the car, it gives the car the hint of attitude it needed. Well it just snowed in my area the other day and the streets are all crappy and icey and compared to the rear wheel drive pickup I was driving this car is amazing I love it so much Snow and wetness is like nothing, but i was still taking it really easy anyway, which made me notice how well this car coasts. I guess I just noticed that since i was coming from a pickup truck. Well vacation is coming up so ill try to post some pics, and some maybee a sond vid of the exhuast.

-NSaglibene

Glad you got your car. BTW - what tires is Kolb putting on the 18s? I wouldn't expect them to do an RE92 but don't know what they'd source for those rims.

BTW - I've been looking for LGT Borla exhaust sound clips too, so any you can post up would be great.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well as for the power seats I agree with liquidiq its just lest to break and a little less weight I suppose, thats how I felt about the moonroof too, but it had one and that was the only one there. As for sound clips Im hoping my friend can help me get some up of the exhaust. Ill get some time off from school this week for christmas break.

-NSaglibene

Bill Kolb better watch out for the wrath of Subaru. :rolleyes:

SOA Directive to Subaru Dealers Concerning Vehicle ModificationsTO: All Subaru Dealers

DEPARTMENT: Service

DATE: 12/20/2004 8:59:27 EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current Subaru vehicle design includes many considerations to make the vehicle meet or exceed Federal and State regulations for safety, emissions, fuel economy, vehicle classification and all other regulations.

In addition, Subaru incorporates state of the art technology and other comfort and convenience features in the overall design of the vehicles.

ANY aftermarket modification can either compromise the compliance of the vehicle or change the overall execution of the design parameters, thus compromising the vehicle’s performance and safety.

Subaru recognizes the request for personalization of vehicles by our customers, so we offer a selection of optional accessory parts that have been designed and tested to ensure that there is no effect on regulatory compliance, vehicle safety, performance and overall design criteria.

Any modifications other than with Subaru approved accessories are not endorsed or recommended by SOA and all dealers are discouraged from performing or arranging the modification for Subaru owners. Any modification may jeopardize the integrity of the vehicle, and can invalidate the Subaru Limited Warranty on the vehicle.

Unauthorized modifications, such as changing cloth seat covers to leather, installation of sunroofs, performance modifications to the drive train or suspension, including wheels and tires should not be undertaken.

If a customer insists on such modifications, SOA recommends that the dealer decline to perform the modification and notify the customer , that such modification can affect the warranty, usability and overall quality, durability, safety and performance of the vehicle.

If the dealer finds such modifications during normal servicing, the type and extent of the modifications should be noted on the repair order with an indication that the modifications could affect the warranty coverage.

We remind you that the Subaru Dealer Agreement and Standard Provisions specifically states that the Dealer agrees to indemnify SOA in the event of the “Dealer’s unauthorized alteration or modification of any Subaru product…” or “…Dealer’s sale or use of any part, accessory, or optional equipment which is not a Genuine Subaru Part…”

Please ensure that all dealer personnel understand the implications and liabilities that unauthorized modifications can have on your business and our customers.

Thank you for your cooperation.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685789

Unauthorized modifications, such as changing cloth seat covers to leather, installation of sunroofs, performance modifications to the drive train or suspension, including wheels and tires should not be undertaken.

So even if I would have opted to get other tires at the time of purchase (my dealer has a thing with tirerack) they wouldn't have installed them? I'm so confused....EVERYONE replaces tires on a car.

they have to say that it may void warrenty. a lot the time dealers will pull that crap. they cant it against the law unless sed part caused the problem needing repair. thats the law. thank you SEMA. dont ever let a dealer tell you your engine warrenty is void becuase you changed the exhuast. the part has to cause the problem. they have to tell you how your exhuast caused the problem. i never forget the day acura tried to tell me my distributor wasnt under warrenty becuase i had bolt ons i/h/e/p. i called acura directly and they called the service manager. 10 mins later car was being repaired under warrenty. then the service rep was like "we're making a note of all the mods for the future" i was like whatever bastard i'll call acura again.

heres the law

there are some technicalities but the majority of the time this is true. worked for me everytime. now i wouldnt bother with blow oem shocks if i had aftermarket springs. you wont win that battle.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I am not a lawyer, and I don't even play one on TV, but it seems like a standard boiler-plate indemnification that says that Subaru knows best, and only to use parts they recommend, and ironically, also brand and sell.

Anything down to non-subaru valve stem caps "should be reported" so that Subaru doesn't have to honor the warranty, because they didn't authorize or install the parts.

If a Subaru Dealer, an agency of Subaru of America, which is an Agency of Fuji Heavy Industries, installs a non-authorized part, it is an implied endorsement, which SOA and FHI don't want to do.

Aftermarket is a real unknown quantity to Subaru, and it has to be that way. They don't know that if you modify the car, if you are going to put the right kind of parts on your car, or put cheap-o parts, and then sue them when "their" car fails spectacularly. That is why they leave it to owners to mess up the cars, and put out the policy that dealers should not risk it, in order to not idemnify the whole company.

Now that they have done their "due diligence" in informing their agencies of their policy, how strictly they enforce it is another matter. Sometimes these are more growl than teeth. Other times they are iron clad, and to cross the line puts things in real jeopardy.

I personally wouldn't worry too much, as long as you don't plan on turning back on Subaru and sueing them for the modifications, if they fail. If you do, they will hit back with this and other policies that will leave one out in the cold, and possibly dealers like Kolb, as well, if they contributed, and didn't play it safe, as they were told to.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Damn... How do you think this could effect me, I mean what is subaru gonna do about this?

Subaru is going to come in the middle of the night and remove the leather seat covers. You will have to drive sitting on plain foam. They will also void your warranty on the entire car and Bill Kolb will be forced to come to your house and apologize personally for bastardizing the Legacy GT.

Subaru is going to come in the middle of the night and remove the leather seat covers. You will have to drive sitting on plain foam. They will also void your warranty on the entire car and Bill Kolb will be forced to come to your house and apologize personally for bastardizing the Legacy GT

That is what I was afraid of...:lol:

They have a point with some aspects of modern car interiors - the seats for example house the side airbags (of course the curtains are up in the frame). So changing those, or fussing with the covers could result in a malfunction or degradation in the performace of the systems in an accident.

Some of the other aspects of the "warrantee" argument is more spurious IMHO, but that's the way things are in the car biz today with litigation the way it is.

I got the GTx back in Oct. I love it too... I just got the borla on the car and sounds great, cant wait for the rest of my parts not through the dealer. Dom was my salesan, he's got to be the best there is out of all the subie dealers.

Archived