LegacyGT.com

07 LGT/Spec B Cobb AP!!!

now, if there is more power all the way through redline, ill be ordering in spring fo sho. if not a good increase then in spring i will be from stock to stage 2 most likely and will simply skip a "stage 1". i personally prefer top end power and have no problem ringing out the engine.

Don't hold your breath for top end from just tuning. Assuming the changes to the 07/08 turbo vs. the 05/06 VF40 aren't dramatic, it will still run out of breath in the upper RPMs. Stage 1 and 2 are fun down low and in the middle, but didn't really do more than stock up top on my car. That's where the new turbo comes into play.:cool:

ignore him, he'll go away.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I'm not a major LGT contributor, nor an owner, but I've been on this site for several months now (actually several years, but I rejoined) and I've been reading the sub-forums now on a daily basis for several weeks. I've been a regular forum goer in a variety of places for years, and I've run across alot of search functionality. My general guidelines are:

If it takes more than 5-8 minutes to find a topic directly dealing with what I want to post on, I stop searching and just post. 20 minutes searching is ridiculous in today's day and age.

If I find a thread dealing with my topic that's over a month old, I'll post, because new information could be available.

Now, outside of all that, this guy comes in with brand new information nailing down a specific date on a incredibly anticipated product relating to all of the 2005+ LGT world (albeit, more directly to the 07/08 members), and he gets flack for not posting it 6 pages in on some existing thread, or on a sub-forum, or for the fact that many vendors have been placing pre-orders even though that's not even what he was stating?

Joe

Guest Gitster
How is it brand new information? All the vendors knew tomorrow was the shipping date, we've known that for at least a week or 2. The fact is how he responded, your not gonna make it very far around here if you take other peoples suggestions / criticism. This thread sucks.

Why would this be posted in a sub-forum? ALL the recent Legacy GT's (which this site is dedicated to) are turbo and everyone has been waiting on this info. If it hadn't been buried in a sub-forum, I would have seen it.

wow how self-centered, lazy and arrogant you are to think this site caters exclusively to turbo legacys when there are in fact forum moderators who drive N/A cars, not turbo. hence a reason for a turbo/forced induction subforum.

if youre going to use nasioc as a example, im pretty sure all tuning threads go to their on dedicated subforums as well, so your rationale at getting all pissy with us for saying theres existing discussions found in the appropriate location....kind of escapes me.

ive said it before and ill say it again, ppl who repost needless threads like these dont seem to realize i they are creating pointless tags that clutter up searchs for ppl who take the time to actually research a topic rather than just post a brand new question or something.

so when that person tries to do a search on 07/08 accessports, they get 20 threads posted by noobs with little actual info and have to sift through the noise before gtting to the actual 2 or 3 threads containing the info they need. and yes when i search on topics like suspension, tires, exhuasts, whatever, about 80% of my search hits end up being useless crap because those posters didnt takke the time to search themselves.

Gitster - You knew for a few weeks that shipment was occuring this Friday, or that it would happen "before Christmas"? Did you hear that info from Cobb, or from a vendor?

If you knew the exact date and you heard it from Cobb, then my mistake, and the OP didn't respond appropriately.

To be fair, I've been reading those threads once a day or every other day for the past few weeks and haven't seen either. But I haven't been watching super closely.

Edkwon - Is this site not dedicated to the latest generation LGT, but also caters to older, NA LGTs? I started browsing it back in 05 after I first test drove one, and I thought it was dedicated to the 05+ LGT (meaning, it was founded for those cars). Txchas didn't say it caters exclusively, he said it was dedicated to turbo legacy's. Was he wrong?

Again, from my understanding he brought brand new info (from Cobb, specific date) to the table on a long-awaited topic and in excitement posted it to the main forum of a site dedicated to the most recent generation of LGT, to which his announcement specifically applied.

Maybe I'm wrong on all of this, but while I feel the OP isn't necessarily justified in some of his responses, he seems to be getting a bad rap for not reall doing anything wrong.

Joe

How is it brand new information? All the vendors knew tomorrow was the shipping date, we've known that for at least a week or 2. The fact is how he responded, your not gonna make it very far around here if you take other peoples suggestions / criticism. This thread sucks.

:whore:

wow how self-centered, lazy and arrogant you are to think this site caters exclusively to turbo legacys when there are in fact forum moderators who drive N/A cars, not turbo. hence a reason for a turbo/forced induction subforum.

if youre going to use nasioc as a example, im pretty sure all tuning threads go to their on dedicated subforums as well, so your rationale at getting all pissy with us for saying theres existing discussions found in the appropriate location....kind of escapes me.

ive said it before and ill say it again, ppl who repost needless threads like these dont seem to realize i they are creating pointless tags that clutter up searchs for ppl who take the time to actually research a topic rather than just post a brand new question or something.

so when that person tries to do a search on 07/08 accessports, they get 20 threads posted by noobs with little actual info and have to sift through the noise before gtting to the actual 2 or 3 threads containing the info they need. and yes when i search on topics like suspension, tires, exhuasts, whatever, about 80% of my search hits end up being useless crap because those posters didnt takke the time to search themselves.

:whore:

joe, the 20 min search is BS, and if you have been lurking on here as long as you say you have then you should know that the forums/subforums/threads heirarchy works for everyone else :spin:

newb questions get newb answers (period)

Edkwon - Is this site not dedicated to the latest generation LGT, but also caters to older, NA LGTs? I started browsing it back in 05 after I first test drove one, and I thought it was dedicated to the 05+ LGT (meaning, it was founded for those cars). Txchas didn't say it caters exclusively, he said it was dedicated to turbo legacy's. Was he wrong? ...Joe

this site is dedicated to the legacygt, which existed here as an NA car before the turbo. the site was put together for enthusiasts (in late 04)regardless of whether or not their engines are blown, by a person who did not own a (turbo) gt until the spec b arrived in late 05

Guest Gitster

FWIW a quick scan got me this. Its not exactly what the OP said, but it is the same date. TDC stated this on 12/10/2007.

Yes, that is correct.

The sale ends when the AP's come out around 12/21 if all goes as planned.

~mike

Guest heightsgtltd
And I thought Benz owners were snobs...geez guys, no need to flame anybody. We all share a common connection here through our choice in vehicles. No need to start a whole crap slinging campaign, just explain nicely and be done with it.

FYI, this is the same guy who likes the new Forester :p

And I thought Benz owners were snobs...geez guys, no need to flame anybody. We all share a common connection here through our choice in vehicles. No need to start a whole crap slinging campaign, just explain nicely and be done with it.

i hate to say it, but primal human nature as it is, a nice explanation is much more easily forgotten/ignored than one that stings. and FYI, my initial response was polite and civil, OP was the one to choose to get defensive and bitchy even tho he was in the wrong. i have no tolerance for ppl like that.

i hate to say it, but primal human nature as it is, a nice explanation is much more easily forgotten/ignored than one that stings. and FYI, my initial response was polite and civil, OP was the one to choose to get defensive and bitchy even tho he was in the wrong. i have no tolerance for ppl like that.

edkwon and gitster....You talked about people polluting the forums with useless info....I've looked at a lot of your 1000+ posts (11000+ for gitster) and they are mostly useless replies with no comments or anything meaningful to add to the thread in which they are posted.

As far as newbs....I've been on this site as long as you two have. Check join dates.

I'll not reply to this thread again as it is useless and I'm over it.

I did not mean to have a "bitchy" attitude, but felt I was attacked unjustly on a forum that is supposed to be friendly.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

PS: I found the TDC sub-forum thread and got a pre-order in before the sale ended. Thanks for the info.

Was thinking of getting the Cobb stage 2 package for my 2008 Spec. B. On their website it only says Legacy GT so wondering if there are any parts in the stage 2 that I don't need because the Spec.B already has them?

Also, presume the accessport will work fine on a SPEC B. even though their website doesn't mention spec. b?

Tks for reply!

Archived