LegacyGT.com

Black Chrome Wheels

Prime Power

I am waiting till my re-92's go but I will be getting some new rims to go with some triple treads. I really think on my car that some black chrome rims would be sweet. I don't want chrome as I don't believe it would go with my cars color. What choices do I have. I post these as I have never seen them in person and wonder if they fit the mold. In the picture they look like they will. I want to stick with 17's. Thanks

enkei.jpg.7ef831e2e1b983b5dfd68f0ba48012f1.jpg

Just make sure of the off-set of your Outback. Other OB owners can chime in and tell you if +48 will work as well as it does for the regular Legacy.

And I would put those rims on my white Legacy in a second. Black chrome is hot, those Enkei's would stay trendy for many years.

You will find each manuf. has a different 'name' for shades that almost look the same.

Do you think it looks like black chrome. Then it is.

Check out the Subydude.com site for Rota wheels that come in 96 different colours. You will find lots of different names for shiny black (or dark) paint.

Those SC05s look very nice! Pity the 17s only come in a 7" width. The finish they list is for these is SBC (Special Brilliant Coating), which is different than their Hyperblack finish. For a comparison look at the ZR1s.

I don't want hyper black or gunmetal or anything like that. Their is an actual black chrome. These are a pair of BOSS black chrome wheels. It is an actual chrome, but black. Not gunmetal or the other colors. I would like to know if the SBC is a black chrome or not? Thank you guys for your help.

BOSS.jpg.e42948870cdc19770abd522e8d3a2e3e.jpg

I don't want hyper black or gunmetal or anything like that. Their is an actual black chrome. These are a pair of BOSS black chrome wheels. It is an actual chrome, but black. Not gunmetal or the other colors. I would like to know if the SBC is a black chrome or not? Thank you guys for your help.

Only one way to be sure if they're the right color for you - see 'em in person. If you can't find any locally see if you can buy one wheel and return it if you're not happy w/ the color. That's what I'm doing right now. Worst case you're out $30-$40 for there-and-back shipping, but that's a small price to pay to make sure your possibly 4-figure purchase suits you.

• 2 weeks later...

Still doing my seach, I came across this info:

24. What is Black Chrome ?

The Black Chrome finish is the newest finish available on OEM and Custom Wheels. Being both shiny and reflective the Black Chrome finish is very similar to chrome. The only difference is that with the Black Chrome finish the color of the chrome is in fact a Pearl Black. Black Chrome application is a patented process. Essentially, pure chromium is applied to a surface by physical vapor deposition, in a vacuum metallization chamber and then protected with a liquid clear coat. The result is a very shiny, reflective, durable finish that not only looks great but actually performs to OEM paint specifications, which no other chrome produced to this day can say. Black chrome is resilient against brake dust, road salt, and road grime and requires very little up keep. Soap and water are the only necessary components to keep this finish looking absolutely great.

I might see about getting my factory wheels done it this.

Here's another possibility. I would imagine these wheels, regardless of the underlying finish, are clearcoated, same as your description. This makes wheel care a bit simpler as you just wax your wheels just like the rest of the car. BTW these aren't cheap - $1600 for a set of 17x8s.

Archived