LegacyGT.com

Are the '05's where it's at?

welby

Most Subaru sales people would probably tell you they could get you an '06 wagon with manual transmission (in the US).

All you have to do is just sign here. :p

No, likely they would not know that Legacy wagon existed at all.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love my 05' but the 08's are oh so tempting! i just love the front alot more...

whats weird though is that it seems (at least to me) that the MT LGT's are far and few between.

I was very specific on what i wanted.... red, regal blue or white but it had to have a black interior and MT!!!.

Taupe's not my cup of tea... auto is for ladies!

sorry to all my auto driving peeps! :)

<------- runs to get flame suit...

Yes, MT LGT are relatively rare compared to AT. But that's not the reason you can't find one. Regal blue and garnet red are no more for MY08. Newport blue and satin white only comes with taupe. MY08 that comes with black interior are black, gray and silver.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can live without a 6speed, SI-drive or VDC (dynamic traction control) then stick with the '05-'07 GT. If you need 60:40 folding rear seat or aux in you need '07+.

Why is the 60:40 seats only in the 07+ it's kinda a big issue for me (I'm a photographer with monolights) and it's almost making me want to fall back on a 1998 LGT last time I worked at the Subaru dealership and drove an 05 LGT the passthru was kinda small.

some not a big fan of the SI drive in later models, 05 and 06 not having them... Im very happy with my 06 spec.b. I think the 05 had the best interior/exterior color options as many exterior colors could not get the black (Grey) interior in the 06 year, while they could be had in the 05. Royal Blue Pearl was only an 05 color I belive, and the wagons with 5 speed manual transmissions could only be had in 05, so depends on what your looking for.... 06 has stronger doors and higher side impact ratings than the 05s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually mine's been pretty error free. One wheel bearing issue at about 30K, under warranty, a bevy of burnt out headlamp bulbs (could have fixed that years ago with HID install), and an AF sensor. I do have the stutter-shudder but again, if I had just popped for a COBB AP that would be a non-issue also. Not bad for the first MY of a car's total redesign me thinks.

What's wrong with the bulbs...I have burned out two on the same side in 48000 miles. The other side is fine and I am starting to accumulate extras for the side that burns out...:rolleyes:

Edit: I want an '05 non-LTD GT sedan to go along with my wagon. First things I'd do with the sedan is rip the seats out and replace the HU with something aftermarket in preparation for a kick arse sound system...I have never been a fan of the legacy's seats...the WRX spoiled the poop out of me from that respect...

color? Transmission? Pics?

It's Brilliant Silver, non-limited, 5 speed.... Don't have any real pics of it yet, the weather's been to lousy to bother...

This one's when it was still unsold at the dealership, that's all I have at the moment, lol...

344173293_legacy1.jpg.ade8e955678e2cb978905ec65a4abfaf.jpg

congrats, I like the stock spoiler which it seems you have... car looks nice

Thanks, man... I go back and forth on whether I like the spoiler or not, but it's on there and staying, so no point in debating it :lol:.

I think I got a good deal on it. $16,300 with 30,600 miles. When I picked it up they had it looking like a brand new car, not a single scuff or ding to be found. I'm really happy with it, everything's solid and works fine, and no rattles to speak of :)

Opie was a huge help and ran the vin for me (Can't thank him enough!), the car came up clean. The only things that popped up were an e-brake adjust, all 4 rotors were turned and the right rear strut was replaced due to a leak. It also had the ecm and fan recall taken care of already. That's it :)

Feel like I got a good one here, I hope to keep it a long time :)

Archived