LegacyGT.com

Are the '05's where it's at?

welby

Well I honestly hope you have a lot better fortune with your 05 than I have had with mine.. If you dont dragrace it, you should be fine.

That's what the Buick's for :D. I plan on babying the Legacy. I've been driving it like an old man, actually. I'd have probably been fine with a standard 2.5, but I like having some power available if I ever feel the need :lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My only complaint about that 05 is the catted up-pipe. It would be nice not having to replace that if you plan on modding.

why do the newer ones not have a catted UP?

how many cats do you need to pass emissions?

That's a good question. If it wouldn't affect emissions at all I wouldn't be opposed to gutting the crap out of it. I don't want to affect my inspections at all, but I'm not too thrilled with having something in there that could (though highly unlikely) break apart ahead of the turbo...

I guess Subaru finally realized it was stupid. I guess they figured they were reducing the risk by eliminating that cat.

I think you could probably pass emissions with 1 cat. I would keep a cat on the lower section of the DP.

What's wrong with the bulbs...I have burned out two on the same side in 48000 miles. The other side is fine and I am starting to accumulate extras for the side that burns out...:rolleyes:

Edit: I want an '05 non-LTD GT sedan to go along with my wagon. First things I'd do with the sedan is rip the seats out and replace the HU with something aftermarket in preparation for a kick arse sound system...I have never been a fan of the legacy's seats...the WRX spoiled the poop out of me from that respect...

so weird ive lost one bulb in 60k miles :confused:

my 05 has been pretty much carefree since i bought it.

only issue was my rear pads wore prenature and the dealer replaced under warranty :wub:

I guess Subaru finally realized it was stupid. I guess they figured they were reducing the risk by eliminating that cat.

I think you could probably pass emissions with 1 cat. I would keep a cat on the lower section of the DP.

Im stock right now. When i graduate and start making money (my car was a graduation gift so i have a nice car but very limited money for funds aftermarket) Im planning AP, catback, Catted DP.

so the 2006 does or doesnt have a catted UP

I recently picked up a Silver/Black '05 LDT Wagon 5MT and I love it, love it, love it. It is lower and sleeker than the OXT (my second choice), but finding a Limited with a manual is tough. I looked at a lot of Legacies and Outbacks before this one and I bought the first one I found with my specs, even with high miles (60k). My only complaint is the gas mileage, but it is a darned sight better than my V8 4x4. I am tallying a list of upgrades for it to get just a little more power and handling (I hate RE92s)...then a little more and a little more...

I recently picked up a Silver/Black '05 LDT Wagon 5MT and I love it, love it, love it. It is lower and sleeker than the OXT (my second choice), but finding a Limited with a manual is tough. I looked at a lot of Legacies and Outbacks before this one and I bought the first one I found with my specs, even with high miles (60k). My only complaint is the gas mileage, but it is a darned sight better than my V8 4x4. I am tallying a list of upgrades for it to get just a little more power and handling (I hate RE92s)...then a little more and a little more...

yeah the gas mileage is a tradeoff from the 2.5i but I too come from a V8 and even with premium pay way less for gas especially on highway trips (CT to RI for college all the time)

IIRC, the air pump made it's debut when the UP cat left home.

My 05 is the best car I have ever had. 52000 perfectly trouble free miles. I had the radiator fan recall done, and it needed and intercooler (I blew off the end tank) all covered. It has taken amazing abuse and has held up well.

Your car is sweet, I love them in silver. My personal fav is atlantic blue with the taupe gut.

I've been kicking around the idea of selling my '05 LTG. I only have 22K on it. My wife is tired of paying for 93 oct gas with crappy mileage. Her friend at work has a Jetta TDI that gets like 55 miles per gallon so now that's what she wants. What's a good estimate for an '05 LGT Limited 5eat, ABP w/ Taupe Leather, no mods, extended warranty, etc? Edmunds says around $20K for a cert preowned, $18K for private sale. Is that in the ball park?

I've been kicking around the idea of selling my '05 LTG. I only have 22K on it. My wife is tired of paying for 93 oct gas with crappy mileage. Her friend at work has a Jetta TDI that gets like 55 miles per gallon so now that's what she wants. What's a good estimate for an '05 LGT Limited 5eat, ABP w/ Taupe Leather, no mods, extended warranty, etc? Edmunds says around $20K for a cert preowned, $18K for private sale. Is that in the ball park?

I paid 16k for an lgt wagon 5eat with 17k on it. if that at all helps you with ballpark

The smaller cat by the turbo heats up faster, thus lowering emissions more quickly than a single cat design. So as far as passing emissions is concerned...heat the car up and you should be fine.

Here's a couple pics I took last night. I wanted to try and get some good ones, but my daughter kept insisting on posing by the car, lol. That's OK, she takes priority over some wheels :lol: . I'm not planning on doing much to it, other than some real minor stereo stuff. Oh, and removing the Wright sticker and plate frame, lol. I even like the stock wheels.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9403/3508by0.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3687/35082uo0.jpg

Obviously not your actual tag, but are you an Alpaca guy? Do you have any? My wife and I looked into it and are actually still considering the farm life.

Nah, I was just trying to replace the plate number with something bizarre :lol:

A serious question: I know alpacas are cute, but what are their purpose as far as breeding? Is it for their fur?:confused: . The commercial's are always vague, they just show people happily interacting with alpacas. There has to be some reason to raise them other than to just hang around with them, that's what dogs are for :lol:

Nah, I was just trying to replace the plate number with something bizarre :lol:

A serious question: I know alpacas are cute, but what are their purpose as far as breeding? Is it for their fur?:confused: . The commercial's are always vague, they just show people happily interacting with alpacas. There has to be some reason to raise them other than to just hang around with them, that's what dogs are for :lol:

Yes, one stream of revenue is for their fleece, which gets compared to cashmere. However you can also stud out males (lucky bastards!), or sell their offspring. Obviously the better the genes the animal has the higher your stud fees will be. Another advantage is that they have a very minor impact on your land so grass keeps growing back producing more food. And of course the tax advantages you get from the IRS for owning a farm / livestock.

Archived