LegacyGT.com

Shipping Wheels?

Hanger

Hey Guys I am extremely puzzle about this,

I'm trying to figure out how'd you guys would ship a set of wheels?

How did you package them?

1. Stack them up with circle cutted cardboard inbetween each wheel and wrap them up?

2. Find a box big enough to fit each of them then send them in 4 boxes?

Now i'm suppose to calculate some shipping charges from Socal to Canda. For wheels only and wheel + tire pacakge.

I tried with the calculate time and shipping charges on UPS.com but it left me with a big puzzle face, so i'm hoping you guys can help me out here :p

1. Wheels Only- 23lbs x 4 = ???

2. Wheels+Tire = 46 lbs x 4 = ???

From City of Industry, CA 91748 to Winnipeg Manitoba

R2C 4A4 Canada

by UPS Ground

Thank You!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

wheels and tires- cut out cardboard for both sides of wheels and wrap with alot of packaging tape. each one individually.

wheels only- go to tire shop and get some boxes. they will probably give you them.

as far as figuring out shipping. wrap one up and take to ups and get price. kind of a pita but easiest way. hope this helps.

I thought all socal residents were born with the knowledge on how to buy and sell wheels and all details about those transactions...:lol:

If the wheels have tires, face a pair inwards, separate them with some thick cardboard, cover the two outsides with another set of cardboard cutouts, and wrap the pair in plastic wrap. I use the thin carpet protector film from Home Depot... clear, about the right size roll, slightly tacky, and sturdier than kitchen plastic wrap.

If there are no tires on the wheels, I prefer to box two wheels together, again separated by cardboard and extra square pieces of cardboard slid into the sides of the box to prevent tears or punctures. I also wrap the pair together before boxing to keep them from banging against one anther during shipping.

As far as shipping estimates... the weight of the wheels is easy. Add a few pounds for packing materials and you should already have a good idea of the packing dimensions. Plug those into your preferred carriers website and they'll spit out an estimate for you.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I thought all socal residents were born with the knowledge on how to buy and sell wheels and all details about those transactions...:lol:

If the wheels have tires, face a pair inwards, separate them with some thick cardboard, cover the two outsides with another set of cardboard cutouts, and wrap the pair in plastic wrap. I use the thin carpet protector film from Home Depot... clear, about the right size roll, slightly tacky, and sturdier than kitchen plastic wrap.

+1 on that...my wheels/tires came something like that from Discount Tire, only they just "band" the assy together with nylon straps, and place cardboard in between and covering the outside diameter of the wheels. The tires kind of fend for themselves, as they see much worse rolling on your car!

or you can just take them to a UPS store. they will pack for you. and it comes with a guarantee. if they product is damaged, you get a full reimbursement. the only downside is they charge you for the packing materials, which cost slightly more than if you were to pack yourself.

Archived