LegacyGT.com

ACT Liteweight FW and HD Clutch Installed

Saul_Good

Just got my ACT HD clutch and liteweight flywheel installed. This thing is a so easy to drive, that i don't know why some people say they have a hard time w/it. It's snowing here, and im able to takeoff nicely without incident even on the slippery roads. The pedal effort is like stock, the engagement is slightly lower but its very minute (as in not that noticeable). The revs definitely come faster and it feels like i did a power mod. I also installed a SS clutch line too. No real comments on it other than, i know its a bit more durable than the stock line.

Now to just break it in properly.

06 OEM WRX Fly is another option. $200' date=' 23.8lbs. A bit easier to get used to given the added weight over the LWFW.[/quote']

Thats just the thing, it took me like 20 min to get used to it and be totally comfortable w/o thinking about it. It's not as bad as i've read it to be.

Absolutely. I actually find the full facing ACT and LWFW to be just as easy, if not easier to drive than the stock clutch.

what kind of price diff is there between yours and his? just out of curiosity.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

drive an RS with a 9lb flywheel, and a 6puck sintered iron UNsprung disk THEN complain about ON/OFF!

sorry.... Had a flashback....

Good thing on the Legacy clutch, part of me secretly wants the clutch to wear out on its own so I have an excuse to upgrade :) lol

^ Suddenness of engagement, on/off feel, chatter

Just a bit of occasional chatter on the 6 puck. Nail a launch just right and it's butter smooth. Engage it too quickly and at too low and rpm and it will chatter. Engage it too slowly and at too high an rpm and it will chatter. It just takes a bit of practice to get it right consistently. It is actually quite progressive and definitely not an on/off switch. Please bear in mind that the preceding applies to the 6 puck ACT clutch with their LWFW. The full facing clutch is as easy to drive as stock IMHO.

Archived