LegacyGT.com

How much money did you really put into your legacy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

open down pipe. i also have a built bottom end bored .020 over with TGV deletes. being 50 degrees-ish outside helps too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWsdlA_lm6c]YouTube - Subaru Legacy GT drag 12.8 @ 108[/ame] 12.8 run.

so youre claiming bs. because i have a garbage camera? look im not afraid to romp on my car like most people on here who wanna baby it. he called out what was run and thats that. im not here to argue this. i have all my mods posted up in a thread on members rides.

Invidia catless up and down

Greddy Evo2 exhaust

Spt intake

Had a v1 ap, now have v2

Replaced clutch with an oem at 70xxxkm after first drag season

Replaced oem clutch at 95xxxkm about a year and a half later, with an exedy and 13.9lb flywheel

purchased 225/45/17 starspecs

racing brake rotors, hawk bads, goodrich lines

dropped it on htechs

then complete 06 sti swap

spent lots, probably too much

oh, and just made a deposit on 18x 8.5's +48 there staying a secret til the pics go up tho

shmike

05 LGT Wagon STI powered

so youre claiming bs. because i have a garbage camera? look im not afraid to romp on my car like most people on here who wanna baby it. he called out what was run and thats that. im not here to argue this. i have all my mods posted up in a thread on members rides.

I'm not gonna argue with you man, you're probably the only LGT running a bored engine on stock turbo so there's no real "data" to say what kind of power you "should" be putting down. But none of your claims have really been supported by evidence. If you really did put down those numbers on a stock turbo, then I applaud you. But most of us know what the VF40/46 is capable of up top and that knowledge does not support the claim of a 108mph trap speed. That's the end of my arguement. In the end, if you did, you know it, and that's all that matters.

Thanks for the link... regardless of numbers, your car is solid.

lol

I'm not gonna argue with you man, you're probably the only LGT running a bored engine on stock turbo so there's no real "data" to say what kind of power you "should" be putting down. But none of your claims have really been supported by evidence. If you really did put down those numbers on a stock turbo, then I applaud you. But most of us know what the VF40/46 is capable of up top and that knowledge does not support the claim of a 108mph trap speed. That's the end of my arguement. In the end, if you did, you know it, and that's all that matters.

Thanks for the link... regardless of numbers, your car is solid.

True, ill have to find and upload track slips in another thread sometime when i find them again ( did alot of moving ) the turbo has since been upgraded and what not, the trap speed may have been 106 or 107 . still however, the DA that day was somewhere in the range of -700. so im assuming that probably helps alot, also with being 50 degrees out

but thanks. and lol yeah that cameras a piece of garbage. my better camera fell out of my buddies pocket on the freeway (motorcycle). so i kinda got screwed there.

the trap speed may have been 106 or 107 . still however, the DA that day was somewhere in the range of -700. so im assuming that probably helps alot, also with being 50 degrees out

I've hit 104mph on a stage 2 protune, full (catted) exhaust, and 2 cracked ringlands, so this doesn't sound too far fetched.

They lasted til I decided to replace the whole shortblock, which was actually about 5k miles. The car ran fine, just cranked over funny and was low on power.

My times were all over that day. Since the computer was detecting a false knock from the ringlands rattling around, I had to repeatedly reset the ECU.

They lasted til I decided to replace the whole shortblock, which was actually about 5k miles. The car ran fine, just cranked over funny and was low on power.

My times were all over that day. Since the computer was detecting a false knock from the ringlands rattling around, I had to repeatedly reset the ECU.

^that explaisn why it would cut wgdc down to 0

purchased for 24,500 with 26k miles on it, suspension, brakes, stage 3 power... probably no more than 5 or 6 grand.

currently at 95,000 miles stage III for my daily driver. drive 500 to 1200 miles a week

• 2 weeks later...
I only have about 1100 into it.... which is crazy cause it feels like I havent even bought anything for it. Still trying to figure out what I wanna do with the car. Go all out... do a few things and leave it... or just keep it stock.

I, like some others, keep an excel file with every penny spent on the car. This includes mods, maintenance, and gas. It also gives me a way to track how much i've driven the car down to the mile. Yeah, i'm one of those people haha. Anyways, I bought the car on 12/5/09, and since then i've driven 17,416 miles, spent $2,857.30 on gas, $1,497.21 on maintenance, and $6,079.25 on mods.

I, like some others, keep an excel file with every penny spent on the car. This includes mods, maintenance, and gas. It also gives me a way to track how much i've driven the car down to the mile. Yeah, i'm one of those people haha. Anyways, I bought the car on 12/5/09, and since then i've driven 17,416 miles, spent $2,857.30 on gas, $1,497.21 on maintenance, and $6,079.25 on mods.

I do the same, although not with gas.

I keep track of mod, cost, installation date, and installation mileage. No maintenance though.

lol

I thought about keeping an Excel sheet of everything, but just got bored with keeping track. I do track fuel and mileage, but that's really it. If I paid someone else to do the labor, then I'd keep track. But I don't, so it's not even worth thinking about.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

im $2k paid into a built motor, and with the parts list im looking at for a complete build, upwards of $15k to go. IM SO F'ED:spin:

I disagree, I think it depends on how long you plan on keeping the car. I plan on keeping mine for a long, long time. I would eventually like to get a CTS-V or M35/45x but that will be a few years. Until then, I plan on putting a decent chunk into this one. It's really the first car I have ever owned that I want to spend money on.