LegacyGT.com

What SI Drive mode do you use the most?

Lothar

Which SI Drive mode do you use the most?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which SI Drive mode do you use the most?

• S#
    • S
    • I

• 4 weeks later...

I is nice for getting around in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Nice mushy throttle response makes stop and go driving easy with a stick shift.

S# is a very strange concept. It basically puts you at 9/10ths throttle with the accelerator halfway down. That makes it good for getting off the line, but weird for actually driving around. Roll on the throttle, get a nice kick in the pants, then floor it and get.... no more power.

S is definitely the best all-around.

I for the bad snow conditions

S pretty much everyday

S# only when I'm pissed at the car ahead, or if there is an on ramp calling my name http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/lildevil.gif

I usually just leave it in S because I have no need for S# on my daily commute (ie 50mph speed limit for about 6 mins of the commute)

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

am i crazy? I thought that sport sharp changed the throttle mapping to be more aggressive, but only allows for 90%+/- throttle opening, while Sport allows for 100% throttle opening and is therefore the fastest of the 3 settings?

am i crazy? I thought that sport sharp changed the throttle mapping to be more aggressive, but only allows for 90%+/- throttle opening, while Sport allows for 100% throttle opening and is therefore the fastest of the 3 settings?

Yea but the throttle response is different. It's almost like night and day different.

What is fast? I've seen the needle sweeping past the one ton mark while using S# and wondered what the programmed limit was.

A full throttle pass in S does not "seem" to result in same acceleration. But then I do not get to drive it much and have not timed it. Maybe I'll see about borrowing an accelerometer, that would be objective.

one ton? Is that 2000 mph ? :lol:

LOL, one ton is slang of a slang. Proper use (does slang have proper use?) would not have "one" in front of ton. I should have said "...needle sweeping past the ton...." then it might have made more sense (to some). I (and others) add the one because some folks do 2 ton, I've regularly done one and a half ton. Of course that was insanely fast when the term "ton" was first used for speed.

To answer your question a little more directly:

In some cultures (Dutch for example) a hundred thousand is called a Ton.

A mile is a thousand double steps, left/right of a Roman soldier.

One hundred thousand double steps = ton of double steps = 100 miles.

Or to simply answer the question:

ton = 100mph

And to answer the question you are thinking...Yes I can be hell to work with. :lol:

I and S mode most of the time. Currently mostly I mode due to cold weather and snow. S for normal driving without heavy traffic. And I rarely use S#, I use it when at the track, and sometimes if i need the kick when im trying to pass but in I mode.

• 1 month later...

Archived