LegacyGT.com

Whats missing from the Legacy?

RLB

I'm considering a new 2.5i, I'd like to know what you wish your Legacy had, but wasn't available

Here are a few that I've found:

I wish the 2.5i had limited slip differentials, I think without it the AWD effectiveness is limited

Also, "cornering lights" would be nice (bright side lights that illuminate corners when you're turn signals are on)

Retained accessory power

BTW I'd also consider an Altima 2.5, which doesn't have the first two either (not sure about accessory power)

Thanks

You guys with the turbo LGTs enjoy them and continue jeering/joking/chiding the NAs. As I've written before in/on other posts/threads I'm very satisfied with my base model legacy. I agree with you RLB about the need for LSD = limited slip differential(s). IMHO the 2.5i can and should be equipped also with VDC = vehicle dynamics control and I've often thought how easy it would be for SOA to have both as standard not just the Legacy, but for all Subarus. I'd be willing to pay the extra for these 2 important engineering designs which compliment and extend the benefits of the symmetrical awd. I also like the extra visibility feature of the side view mirrors which have the blinkers on them and fog lights (we have a lot fog in our area of TX) plus your idea of the cornering lights. Rear window wiper would be appreciated and I wish SOA hadn't waited until 07 for the rear seating fold down feature. Granted some of what I mention is available through the dealers but at "stealership" prices......peace

seat ventilation and seat position memory on at least GT trim level not just spec-b

a scrolling radio display showing more content than the width of the display when necessary. (with xm the titles of songs may be longer than the available screen area)

Am I missing something? All I can see is a $1000 rebate.

I don't recall but I think my window sticker was $21 something. Sold at invoice less $1,000 it was in the $19's. I think it is a lot of car for that kind of money...that is all I am saying.

It's not in the 2.5i or the regular LGT but it's standard on the Spec B. I think there is a guide on how to retro fit the Spec B wheel into the LGT.

Yeah, I know there is a way but what an extraordinary pain in the butt. It should have just been done in the first place.

bluetooth: Many areas around you have the hands free laws in affect.

HID's

auto up/down on all windows

auto open/close on the sunroof (instead of detent on close)

all mirrors auto dim

audio controls on the steering wheel that skip to your presets instead of the next station

back up camera/parking aid

fully adjustible headrest, not just up down, i hate how the lgt headrest have no angle to them , hated it so much that me and my father switched so now i have 08 base headests.

plus if u look at the angle of the 08 headrests you are less likely to get whiplash or as bad, ive had it before, not fun.

wish the lgt had better brakes stock that didnt have a cropdusting effect

non intergated headunit/hvac would have been a nice option for the lgt so u dont have to pay 700 dollars to fix this

all i can think of right now

btw if your not looking for all out high hp, the 2.5i is fine, i drive my fathers from time to time, its not bad especailly compared to most 4cyl sedans, at least the base model does still feel sporty. plus its nice getting 30mpg with ease, where as i have to drive my lgt like an old man to get 24-26mpg

Archived