LegacyGT.com

Whats missing from the Legacy?

RLB

I'm new here, will be getting a GT once i return from my iraq deployment coming up. here's my list

6spd

rear leg room

BOOST GAUGE

Spoiler should be standard

GPS availability on GT (non spec B)

STD VDC

HID lamps

smoother trans

less complicated radio bezel to permit Aftermarket Radio/GPS (like my Avic N2 or a Z2)

Rear legroom? Really?

Now I am by no means a tall person, but I took a rode trip in my LGT last spring and discovered that my backseat is very spatious. Not that I didn't know this already, because I make out back there all the time. You know how it is. Anyway, I was very pleased. I didn't realize how much room was really back there until I spend 3 hours sittin back there.

I also continue to remind my roomate that my borderline midsize has more room in the rears seats than his Acura Legend.

thanks ben i dont need reminder nor do i need to spend as much time back there as you i do have a bed and Im not a fan of having multiple passengers either, 1 will do just fine. However I belive my front is a bit more spacious and i have memory seats, heated side mirrors, and electronic telescoping and til steering wheel and auto windows

:D

atleast we both have keyless entry, leather the option for heated and power seats, and auto climate control

yes its all under the hood, they need to fit an extra 2 cylenders. I also have a short trunk too with a lil less trunk space and no folding rear seats, which im not ashamed of not having. The modern design of most cars has a short trunk lid and a longer hood and 2nd I dont have that much crap to take home with me from college

More cowbell.

In all seriousness though - auto up/down driver's window (our 90 has this, why not the 07?), slightly better soundproofing, and cloth seats that don't discolor when you spill water on them.

Oh yes, and bring back the stick-shift wagons!

I'm disappointed they got rid of the GT wagon for 08.

Some of the things here are luxuries, but honestly for the price I believe the car should have them.

Automatic headlights!!

Auto down / auto up all windows

Auxiliary power retention

Better trunk hinges (honestly the sedan's hinges take up a ton of room)

Hands-free Bluetooth

Navigation option with manual trans.

Push-start ignition / keyless

Available premium sound

I'd prefer the gas tank and trunk have solenoids instead of cable-driven locks. Then Subaru could put the switches in better locations instead of the floor.

I'm referring to the "Auto" switch I have in my current car (and many others do too), referred below. :) I've gotten very spoiled by "set it and forget it!"

Off - off

*Auto* - The lights have a sensor and will turn on only when it is dark out.

Parking - (same as On but for parking lights only)

On -

-- if car is on: Lights turn on. They turn off automatically when the car is turned off AND after you've opened your driver's door, or of course if you manually turn the switch to Off

-- if car is off: The lights turn on, and do not turn off automatically (unless you turn the car on, which case they will switch off when you turn the car off and open the door)

The car is amazing otherwise, and I'm looking favorably at a GT or OBXT.

i think the 2.5i limited is a real nice car. I originally wanted a WRX. I test drove an 05 2.5i followed by an 04 wrx. I really liked the 2.5 I but when I got onto the highway the oomph just wasnt there for me. But im an agressive driver, been riding dirtbikes since first grade so for me i was pleasantly supprised to learn they made the legacy in GT turbo'ed trim... but the 2.5i rides really nice and goes along just fine if your not looking to be pushed back in your seat. all depends on the whos going to drive it....

Archived