LegacyGT.com

Lets talk intakes...

mustang killer

might want to go custom made... mine is a 3" custom fabbed by my tuner, with a velocity stack and the 5" filter from my k&n typhoon.

Talk to your tuner to see what he/she is comfortable with and familiar with tuning. At the stage of the game that you're at, you want your tuners input on a lot of the parts you pick up. That isn't to say your tuner or my tuner is entirely right, but you do want to run things by them.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

The hot wire system isn't designed to work under pressure. It measures air by how much voltage is required to keep a wire at a certain temp.

When you pressurize air, you move the same amount of air at a lower velocity. Because the pressure of the air has very little effect on the wire compared to the amount of air moving over it, you get inaccurate readings.

Also, if you still have your recirc and/or pcv system intact, it's very easy to get the wire covered in oil and crap and really throw off the readings.

You can redo your entire MAF table in the ECU to compensate for the pressurized readings, but it's really only the tuner's best guess as to what is actually happening.

It's really just a major pain in the ass that Subaru decided to use MAF instead of MAP.

Blow through should be easier to control idle and make it harder to max out the MAF sensor. But Draw through is safer....although much harder to get idle right and you can max out the MAF fairly easily.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

the avo cold air intake or avo short ram?

you need an interfooler!

:lol:

j/k

i would think if you're going with an FMIC, you'd need to go with the SR.. Doesn't the FMIC piping go where most of the CAI tubes usually go? what about the Perrins?

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

you need an interfooler!

:lol:

j/k

i would think if you're going with an FMIC, you'd need to go with the SR.. Doesn't the FMIC piping go where most of the CAI tubes usually go? what about the Perrins?

i already got my FMIC covered. its an XO2 racing FMIC. i sold my AEM because i dont think it would fit with the FMIC but most intakes work, u just gotta avoid the ones that go deep into the fender such as the AEM

i already got my FMIC covered. its an XO2 racing FMIC. i sold my AEM because i dont think it would fit with the FMIC but most intakes work, u just gotta avoid the ones that go deep into the fender such as the AEM

right, that's a full CAI vs the short ram like the one VTGT posted. the full CAI goes all the way down into the fender well. That's why i figured it'd not work with an FMIC since your piping would need to go there. plus, SR is much easier to deal with when it comes time to clean.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

The AVO CAI will work with a FMIC it is a very tight fit but it does work.

It by no means reaches as far into the fenderwell as the AEM but 90% of the filter is in the fenderwell.

For the $ it's a great buy!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived