LegacyGT.com

Do WRX/STI uppipes fit our cars?

mustang killer

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my bad, I thought it was 3" inlet. It definately isn't required but I reccommend it since the intake manifold has to come off for the APS inlet.

would it take alot longer to install if i got the TGV deletes?

and does the intake manifold have to come off if ur installing a silicon inlet cause i have an avo one sittin at home

Takes probally 5-10 minutes longer, just a few bolts on the TGV's. With the silicone AVO the manifold shouldn't need to be removed at all.

hmm, perhaps i will use the silicon inlet and sell my APS. that would save me alot of money on the install. is there a lot of power to be had with the TGV deletes

and on a random note, is aa 44mm ewg dump louder than a 38mm?

hmm, perhaps i will use the silicon inlet and sell my APS. that would save me alot of money on the install. is there a lot of power to be had with the TGV deletes

and on a random note, is aa 44mm ewg dump louder than a 38mm?

If you've seen the design of the stock TGV housing you can clearly see there should be a nice improvement to be had with deletes. But I have no hard numbers, just heard from others. I will be installing mine shortly with my hard inlet pipe. As far as EWG sizes never heard each back to back, I know one thing if dump into the astmoshere they are both LOUD period. If routed into the DP no difference.

If you've seen the design of the stock TGV housing you can clearly see there should be a nice improvement to be had with deletes. But I have no hard numbers, just heard from others. I will be installing mine shortly with my hard inlet pipe. As far as EWG sizes never heard each back to back, I know one thing if dump into the astmoshere they are both LOUD period. If routed into the DP no difference.

hmm, i dont know if TGV's are for me. i could save a few hundred by using a silicon inlet and avoiding TGV's

think i can hit 350 whp on a dyno dynamics without them?

as far as the EWG goes, i want it to be LOUD!!!

TGV's deletes will be benefitial on any setup, especially those running 20g and larger turbos. As for 350whp you want all the help you can, BJ hit 355whp on a higher reading dynojet with a 5MT. You will benefit from the 93 octane and EWG but it should be interesting.

TGV's deletes will be benefitial on any setup, especially those running 20g and larger turbos. As for 350whp you want all the help you can, BJ hit 355whp on a higher reading dynojet with a 5MT. You will benefit from the 93 octane and EWG but it should be interesting.

yea but like u said i do have the help of 93 and ewg. BJ was running on 91 i believe and his IWG must have really been choked by the 7cm2 housing

and do u have to take off the intake manifold to install the injectors?

I still think you should rethink the VTA EWG. I was driving a car with an dumped EWG on the dyno yesterday for Tim Bailey while he tuned it and my ears were literally ringing for the next 4-5 hours. The noise is cute for a while, but IMHO no one in their right mind can live with that on a daily basis.

BTW, TGV deletes are not worth a bunch of power. They help, but it's not a quantum leak by any stretch of the imagination.

I still think you should rethink the VTA EWG. I was driving a car with an dumped EWG on the dyno yesterday for Tim Bailey while he tuned it and my ears were literally ringing for the next 4-5 hours. The noise is cute for a while, but IMHO no one in their right mind can live with that on a daily basis.

BTW, TGV deletes are not worth a bunch of power. They help, but it's not a quantum leak by any stretch of the imagination.

oh trust me i love that stuff!!! first heard the sound of an ewg in person about 2 weeks ago when i a gt35r sti flew past me, been in love with it ever since.

and trust me im used to loud, ive been running on completely catless with the hogzawst mod for about 3 months

:lol: I just laughed out loud!

everyone has their own preferences. some like to have sleepers, with garrett turbo kits and still stock exhaust

others, like me, like to have loud cars. im young, single so i dont have any1 to think about which is why i want my car loud!!! not that its already not:icon_chee

to each their own

Let's just say that I changed out a very poor fitting long silicone intercooler hose that was all scrunched up yesterday while the car it was on the dyno and it picked up nearly 30 whp. Granted the old hose was really badly squished and the replacement I fabbed up fit 1000% times better, but it just goes to show that proper airflow is really important on higher hp cars.

Archived