LegacyGT.com

Do WRX/STI uppipes fit our cars?

mustang killer

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, the Greddy RS's have some issues.

yea thats what ive heard. i didnt think there was any performance advantages in BOV's

but i think im gonna try my luck with the XO2 racing wastegates. i was reading some reviews about them, and everyone was pleased with the quality of their products. countless good reviews

really, i see bad reviews of the X02 racing wastegates, ie http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=138129&page=2

but whatever. Buy the cheapy, but if you blow your motor or it doesn't hold boost, dont' bitch about it. Saving $200 now versus a couple thousand in a motor later seems like a great compromise to me.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

ebay knockoffs are fine for some things...

i wouldnt' trust something as crucial as boost control to it.

However, you want to pave your own way so go for it.

I've read at least 3 reviews of 1 bar spring x02s opening at 10psi... that'll work great for getting to the power you want.

Mike

i thought you found good reviews?

cause i haven't.

And there is some x02 stuff that is perfectly fine. Made in China Knockoff DPs and whatnot are fine in my book. Knockoff Tial Wastegates, when Tial's are known for excellent quality, is not something i'd save $100 when looking to push over 20 psi

google it... knockoff bov's aren't worth the money. i'm not looking again.

since you're so adamant about it, buy it. get your 400whp.

I'm done trying to help you. Penny pinch now, build a motor later. Its $1800 for a shortblock, btw, and at the power you want to run, you want to reinforce a shortblock if you have to replace it.

Mike

google it... knockoff bov's aren't worth the money. i'm not looking again.

since you're so adamant about it, buy it. get your 400whp.

I'm done trying to help you. Penny pinch now, build a motor later. Its $1800 for a shortblock, btw, and at the power you want to run, you want to reinforce a shortblock if you have to replace it.

Mike

fine i wont get a knockoff BOV or wastegate

Hehe Mike is mean...:lol:;)

But really these are two areas you really want to make sure you've got under control. Hell I am VERY cheap, but there are something you just have to fork over the dough on...

ok yea i know. UR uppipe and tial wastegate is a certainty!

now, i just need to take care of the BOV situation and im set. i have found some pretty nice deals on universal HKS SSQV BOV's. are these ok? please just give me ur approval and i will pick these all up

ok gang i picked up a few things today. so here is my current setup, please post ur opinions:

SZ55 (2.4" inlet, 7 cm2 hotside, EWG)- check

XO2 Racing FMIC- check

PDX modified 816cc sidefeed injectors- check

Walbro Fuel Pump- check

APS Inlet- check

Tial 38mm EWG- still need

UR EWG Uppipe- still need

HKS SSQV BOV- check

SSQV style universal weld on flange- check

Perrin Boost Control Solenoid- check

AVO Cold Air Intake- check

ok, i anticipate the Tial EWG and UR uppipe to be ordered sometime this week, i am trying to find them both used on nasioc. but, after i get the EWG and UP, is this EVERYTHING i will need/want to complete my setup?

Archived