LegacyGT.com

Do WRX/STI uppipes fit our cars?

mustang killer

right... you will argue all you want my friend, funny since you've never gone to the track to do anything. on a VF39 set up on an auto LGT, I'd say it's pretty damn good. But for someone who will probably run a low 13 at the track or blow his car up first because he won't do the necessary work to make sure it's going to be done right, go ahead. Next winter, it'll be a GT30xxR set up in an STI hatch (unless I wait to go 09 STI). However, all the research, time, and work will be planned out well in advance so I don't run into these little problematic snags like I have with the LGT's build... just throwing it together and hoping for the best. :rolleyes:

Talk is cheap. what times have you run in your car???

Cough Cough GT3082R ;)

:D

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow..... you know AKLGT is a mod, right ;)

and why not pick up a used bov... they float around on the forum. nothing wrong with that. You're getting the X02 Fmic, so you're gonna need to get a flanged welded to it, no?

Mike

i love this site... ;) MK just makes me laugh :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

right... you will argue all you want my friend, funny since you've never gone to the track to do anything. on a VF39 set up on an auto LGT, I'd say it's pretty damn good. But for someone who will probably run a low 13 at the track or blow his car up first because he won't do the necessary work to make sure it's going to be done right, go ahead. Next winter, it'll be a GT30xxR set up in an STI hatch (unless I wait to go 09 STI). However, all the research, time, and work will be planned out well in advance so I don't run into these little problematic snags like I have with the LGT's build... just throwing it together and hoping for the best. :rolleyes:

Talk is cheap. what times have you run in your car???

i dont give a u know what about times. id like to keep my car in one piece instead of doing countless launches.

and i think its pretty sad all the money uve spent on ur car and its barely faster than randy jones' stock turbo 5EAT. in fact, if he had race gas and him would be pretty damn close

and being one of the bigger 5EAT power guys, with proven dyno results, and over 6000 miles on the 400+ whp tune, let me tell you that i've made mistakes along the way.

When i post in your threads, i dont' post to F*ck with you. I am trying to give you advice i've learned the hard way. It isn't cheap nor is it easy to make big 5eat power. Thats why i say now is not the time to cheap out. If you can't do it all at once, wait a while. If you aren't ready to purchase certain items, maybe you should have waited until you could afford it.

Mike

exactly! i spent way too much on my set up, maybe making 300 whp if that! Had I done more research on it, i'd not have run into so many problems! of course, the VB thing... well, that was almost experimental, so I suppose I'd have had to wait for a few more others to have slipping 5EATs.

and remember, my set up is pretty basic: STI TMIC, STI VF39, STI intake Manifold. I now have a full 3" exhaust, an SPT intake (sound maker), TGV Deletes, the IPT VB upgrade (which imo, makes it all work right other than the PDX tune), and some cool colored hoses! :lol: He's talking about an FP green! That's a lot more power = more potential for things to go wrong! better to learn from all our mistakes so he's not having to spend as much money or down time as we have!

oh yea i know i need to weld on a flange to the FMIC but i was thinking about putting the stock BPV on there to save some money so i can do the install and tune faster but u dont think thats such a good idea?

if possible, id like to avoid an aftermarket BOV

The problem is sourcing a flange that fits the oem BPV. There was only one vendor that made em' (MTS) but he is no longer around...

i dont give a u know what about times. id like to keep my car in one piece instead of doing countless launches.

and i think its pretty sad all the money uve spent on ur car and its barely faster than randy jones' stock turbo 5EAT. in fact, if he had race gas and him would be pretty damn close

LMAO! you are funny! :lol: someone who complains about their car and wanting to go race it, yet refuses to. and C_randy had a lot more in his car than i did. I'd say his set up, minus his VF40 is pretty similar. like i've always said, the VF39 isn't an amazing turbo by any means. in fact, it's not that much better than the VF40... except for the top end being a little more. :rolleyes:

Mustang Killer,

modding your car, period, changes how your car holds up. Didn't you post that you beat the piss out of your car by driving it hard every day?

oh, and ...:munch:

yes, there are countless threads about him asking about dragging the car, launching it and saying how he beats on his car on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

now, he babies it and doesn't launch it.

Yes your car is FAR from stock looking under the hood...

had I done more research, I would have gone that route most likely. STI swap seemed easy and cheap, so that's why I ended up that direction. Of course, on a 5EAT, it proved to be expensive (a lot more than anticipated).

had I done more research, I would have gone that route most likely. STI swap seemed easy and cheap, so that's why I ended up that direction. Of course, on a 5EAT, it proved to be expensive (a lot more than anticipated).

Yeah for me I always knew two things, I wanted to go with a FMIC and I wanted to be faster than a stock turbo'd STi.

no, 150$ more than a helix. but i think ill just suck it up and get the UR. i was gonna buy the helix and then a new BOV but now i guess ill have to skip the BOV

will the stock BOV be ok with the SZ55 on pump gas? im never getting meth or a race gas tune

FWIW you should atleast get a race gas tune, they should be able to get it done in reasonable time and you can use it when ever you need that extra kick!

Yeah for me I always knew two things, I wanted to go with a FMIC and I wanted to be faster than a stock turbo'd STi.

well, it's not really necessary to go FMIC. i was trying hard NOT to go that route, but I did want to be faster than a stock STI. as I told my hubby long long ago, he can NEVER have a faster car (in the 1/4). :lol: he could care less, as long as he kicks my ass in autox!

but MK, glad you're taking the advice of the veterans! I think you will ultimately be happier and save some money and grief!

i am sooo close to completing my setup. i have the cash ready, i just need to make the parts selection.

all thats left is the intake and BOV.

please someone just pick both for me so i can order them and call it a day!

:lol:

sounds like you're gonna have a great Christmas! :D I'd have to say that if the power boys (who've done this already) have spoken that the UR is the route to go, I would lean towards that. as for BOV, can't help you there. Good luck!

:lol:

sounds like you're gonna have a great Christmas! :D I'd have to say that if the power boys (who've done this already) have spoken that the UR is the route to go, I would lean towards that. as for BOV, can't help you there. Good luck!

yea im gonna get the UR uppipe for sure but i still dont know about the intake and BOV

The thing is a no name valve is taking a chance. As far as the mounting piece and flange, looks good. Also you need to find an adapter for that style valve that can screw in to be recirculated.

The thing is a no name valve is taking a chance. As far as the mounting piece and flange, looks good. Also you need to find an adapter for that style valve that can screw in to be recirculated.

no, im saying can i just use the mounting piece and flange and run the stock BPV on it or would it be a better idea just to run the POS valve it comes with

Archived