LegacyGT.com

Pics of the new Boostjunkie Performance header!

Boostjunkie

i wonder how these headers would sound with the stock mufflers on? also, what do u think would get the most gains: MR un-equal length header with aftermarket mufflers or MR equal-length header with stock mufflers

i just dont want the ricer sound

Not sure about the MR EL, but other EL headers and stock mufflers sound like a Civic on steroids:eek: I know from experience! :redface:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure about the MR EL, but other EL headers and stock mufflers sound like a Civic on steroids:eek: I know from experience! :redface:

No Civic here: Megan Racing dual exhaust with equal length headers video by Pisadong - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid6.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/DSCF0686.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid6@@AMEPARAM@@6@@AMEPARAM@@y207/Pisadong/DSCF0686

That's my new EL header with the new MR single tip catback. I don't know exactly what it would sound like with the stock catback but given how quiet the stock catback is I can't imagine that the sound would be obtrusive at all.

A little raspy for my taste, but what can you do? I'm sure the performance boost is nice.

Play it on some decent speakers or on headphones and you'll get a much better idea of how it sounds. If you just played it on cheapo computer speakers you miss out on the bassy part of the sound. In person it is not at all raspy, it's smooth and deep. Sounds alot like an Evo and I'm around Evo's quite a bit at the shop so I know what they sound like.

i wonder how these headers would sound with the stock mufflers on? also, what do u think would get the most gains: MR un-equal length header with aftermarket mufflers or MR equal-length header with stock mufflers

i just dont want the ricer sound

I have this header (the Synic Motorsports version) on my car right now with a Cobb downpipe and stock exhaust. It sounds very quiet and smooth. You hear the motor more than the exhaust.

Subscribing. My wife complains about drone on the freeway at about 75mph (I have UP/catted DP, x02 CB). If this would help reduce drone in the wagon, plus increase power, and stock plastic tray is fine, I may be in. Looking forward to dyno result of stock turbo, stock manifold vs. EL.

like i said, the ladies werent complaining in my car anymore. and no mo drone :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I like the sound of those headers, i'm tired of my car's damn boxer rumble, because it sounds too much like every douchebag's WRX out there (no offense to non douchebag owners), time to make it sound more porsche like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump for more info...

As an owner of a "ricer honda vtec YO!", I think most of the online community needs to move on from the "swarm of bees" sound from the late 90's/early 2000 years to the current 06+ Civic SI sound (one of the best tuned inline 4 cylinder sounds from the factory).

Plus, since the boxer rumble is really just an un-equal length header having exhaust impulses collide into each other....what exactly are you listening to again? An inefficient exhaust setup? :)

Joe

P.s. I've heard rumors (I stress rumors) that heat wrapping/coating headers has a greater incidence of header failure. I'd probably want to do this setup with a heat wrapped stock downpipe with one cat removed.

P.P.S. Isn't that header un-godly close to the oil filter? Holy moly.

Archived