LegacyGT.com

Cool Article about the 05 SCCA wagons floating around still.. :)

Finally got warm enough in the garage to start putting paint on the walls! Behr is drop-shipping everything on Monday, so running heaters 24 hours/day to warm soak the building.

Picked up a set of LED tail lights, cause race car.

Looking at japanparts.com cause bored. What a mistake, already have 5k in the shopping cart. :-)

If this came in cf, I'd already have ordered it.

resize_image.php?img=49885&sx=458&sy=351

garage - blah, blah, etc. Its not done.

trailer - blah, blah, blah, etc. Its not done yet.

moving car to garage - turns out AAA now gives 4 free tows per year. I'll be using them to move the car, suitably tarped to its new home.

engine for car - with 2.5 months til the first race, the idea of building an engine from scratch is fading fast. I stopped by C & D engines in Kirkland today. Turns out they build the engines for dirtfish. Their suggestion to start with new case halves and heads puts a damper in the new engine plan. However, if they build the shortblock and the heads; and someone else assembles the long block, their turnaround is not bad. Otherwise, its 3 months to get on the engine stand for assembly.

After considering for a bit, one of the IAG Stage 4 shortblocks looks like a good fit for the wagon. Still researching.

• 3 months later...
So I was doing an aero study for the wagon and might have gotten a bit over-zealous with the sawzall.

Is that your track wagon???:eek:

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Or its the parts car after I cut the bumper off...

Or it's a Boxkita Racing LeMans Supercar.

Once the Mustang started up and I did a test run, my fascination with the wagon dropped a bit. Then I stopped by the local Ford dealer and saw a Nitro Blue RS sitting in the showroom. Walking out, I was already thinking how much I could get if I sold off all the Subarus...

I'll buy the Silver Eagle back for $3K. I'll meet you in the paddock at PIR on Saturday to do the swap. :)

Boxkita - looking at the parts car - does it look like fender braces would be beneficial? I think some years had pre-drilled holes for them (might just be the later years though 07-09)

I have the fenders off. And looked at how the braces would mount up. It might help if you were very aggressively driving (top-flight autox or racing). By the time the fender braces were needed, you would have already damaged part of the car.

I'll snap some pictures tonight and post them up.

In the meantime, page BS-79 of body repair manual has this pic showing weld points after replacing the "Front Wheel Apron". You'll notice where the welds are - they attach all the way around.

FenderApron.jpg.532cde795f6d35df1331a5fe125347d1.jpg

I am curious what makes the Legacy chassis different than the Impreza in that area. All the reviews I have read for the WRX / STI say that the braces make a huge difference (at least in feel)

Looks to be welded the same. Although would need to check the body repair manual.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/freeman4ever/TIC%20Fender%20Braces/Factorybrace_left.jpg

I would seriously consider buying the Silver Eagle if you're truly interested in selling it.

We have a bidding war!

OK I'll up it to $4k!

$14k and a trailer ride to my house. Or $6k and a trade for the SWP wagon?

Looks like we may have another ICSCC ST Racer.

Go GEX!