LegacyGT.com

Cool Article about the 05 SCCA wagons floating around still.. :)

Call infamous. Tell him what you want done. He can set you up.

Buying mine is not the direction your wife was thinking, trust me.

3-5k is a good starting point for something to build up. Getting one with a good interior is best. Its way more money to replace that then the exterior bits. $1000-1500 for suspension. $1500 wheels and tires. $2000-8000 for engine depending on how good your lawyer is.

Call infamous. Tell him what you want done. He can set you up.

Buying mine is not the direction your wife was thinking, trust me.

3-5k is a good starting point for something to build up. Getting one with a good interior is best. Its way more money to replace that then the exterior bits. $1000-1500 for suspension. $1500 wheels and tires. $2000-8000 for engine depending on how good your lawyer is.

Yes that's kind of what I was thinking. I don't need a near race car. I have a couple of local shops here in the Sacramento area I'd use if I ever found a decent 5mt LGT car in need of a motor.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Saw these on FB, this car is at The Ridge. 560 AWHP. I'd like to know the lap times. There is a build thread on NASIOC.

18767899_1458209807532917_4378846653066410780_n.jpg?oh=5e73f642e16f7118c62eaef558ebb602&oe=5A0ED8C3

18836062_1458209754199589_7812145492186240509_n.jpg?oh=4030a7ff2c0053f4960cdebef7fdbbc2&oe=5A10C743

18813592_1458209770866254_3273655663777661795_n.jpg?oh=df134cb66cef2fe8c951f1bf05d7c200&oe=59D4358F

18836081_1459001730787058_2617142452589238029_n.jpg?oh=39ff6ce168fc84cb9ebba011db83235c&oe=5A0DFC2A

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

A bit of progress this week.

In the really exciting news section:

Have met up with a local shop and have been talking about sponsorship. So far, they have offered parts at their cost and technical support on as-needed basis. More details as we continue to refine the details.

In the "maybe another competitor showing up" news section, met 1111pik at Pacific Raceways this past Thursday. He has a black LGT wagon that is slowly being converted to a race wagon. He planning on adding a cage and taking the SCCA licensing school this summer. He has replaced the sunroof with a CF piece. The interior is gutted and has a race seat. The exhaust upgrades sound great (resonator only with megaphone exhaust) :-)

In the "a light LGT is a fast LGT" category, I've a tentative date for getting the wagon digitized and surfaced. I have a CFD solution and the means to run the simulations. I have access to a Solid Works license so can make improvements to the model. Have 3 resources for "printing" parts, including one that can generate the molds for making Carbon Fiber parts.

The first part in the "a light LGT is a fast LGT" category is on the car. I have one of the sets from the JDM engine cover group buy - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bl-bp-jdm-carbon-fiber-engine-covers-group-buy-262282.html?t=262282

I know, JDM bling is not my thing. However, carbon fiber is. The race wagon needs a fuse box cover, so now you can say you run actual racecar parts. See pic for the upgrade. Dropped a few ounces of weight.

CF_FuseBoxCover_1024.thumb.jpg.ed9ad5ca4ef915f4bbeea8abd807bebf.jpg

In the "a light LGT is a fast LGT" category did you see my post of the ProDrive STI? I think your next step should be a 400 degree acid bath for the body!

In the "a light LGT is a fast LGT" category did you see my post of the ProDrive STI? I think your next step should be a 400 degree acid bath for the body!

Because stripping the car, acid dipping it and assembling it again would save so much time on the rebuild? :eek:

Removing the OEM wiring and window glass should save more for less work. Found a place that can reproduce the window glass in thin poly-carbonate. Will be doing all 5 windows. If the ST rules didn't require rear glass, I'd be deleting it entirely.

Working on a design for a rear hatch with a built-in wing. Predicting 2 pounds for the whole thing. :wub:

As we want to get the Mustang back on the road in less than 3 years, I think we're going to opt for a shop to do it.

Mustang goes on the rack next week. Have a master Ford tech lined up for the final tune.

Cautiously optimistic about getting on track the following week. Race is July 23-24 at Portland International Raceway.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been more than a year since I bought this car. All I've done is figure out what broke, sort of. And move it a couple of times. I think my passion for getting running and racing it has waned too much.

I'll post a for sale this week. Car plus body parts plus books/notes plus a used engines should be enough for someone else to get it running. The parts on the car are unique and the car is one of kind (never licensed, has been a race car since day one).

drop me a line if you're interested.

No, I won't part it out.

Hmm, maybe I should add it to my rent a race car fleet at ORP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Machine shop has turned into a bit of a dud. A buddy needed money, so I'm buying his "garage" machine shop. Cause what I know about running a machine shop is about as much as I know about building a motor. About 4 trips worth of stuff in the pickup.

The "free" lift has become no lift. It was so old the resale prospects were nil. I was going to "store" it in working condition to help with the resale. Looks like the bendpak is back on the shopping list.

The streetwagon has started. And immediately threw a cel. Trying to get the Tactrix hooked up to find out what the issue is.

The Mustang race season ended with a fuel leakage issue. Every time we turn left, the fuel sloshed out. After 3 meatballs (never nickname your racecar meatball, trust me), I went to the steward to complain about the flags. As I walk up, another driver is bitching about the Mustang that dumps fuel all over the racing line and their windshield. Sometimes your best solution is to walk away. We need a fuel cell with a top mount filler connection. And we need another driver who has disposable income. PM if you want to work in exchange for driving.

Anyway back to work. Java Runtime 32-bit has been installed with a new version of Romraider. Trying again.

Rid myself of student loans or racecar? :spin::spin:

Student loans are temporary. Racing is forever.

Sorry about the fuel issues boxkita, it didn't feel good to flag you guys in over and over again. You shouldn't need a cell, lots of cars run stock tanks and fillers. If you hole-sawed out the anti-siphon flap and teeny fuel nozzle hole in the in oem fill, you may have messed up the sealing surface for the oem cap. A new cap might fix it, or there are marine fill caps that have the large opening and a stout sealing cap.

I might be interested in some of that machine shop stuff, hit me up with an email if you're looking to liquidate any of it. (Eriktorgeson@gmail.com). I also have access to some two post lifts, let me know what you're looking for and price range :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys in 2018.

- BullDog, AKA Lucky Dog Black Flag Guy

For those of you who probably don't follow SCCA Racing, the team that built this car, Phoenix Performance, kicked the competion to the ground at the 2017 SCCA Nationals. The owner's son, Andrew Aquilante, blew them away.

He won the Touring 1 race in his Phoenix Performance Mustang by a 17 second margin.

xlarge.jpg?1506698746

Then in GT-2 he drove his Phoenix Performance Corvette C6 Z06 to an unbelievable 33.6 second margin over second and third places.

xlarge.jpg?1506725581

Congrats to the Aquilantes!

Full storey here: https://www.scca.com/articles/2008180-two-in-one-day-for-aquilante-with-gt-2-runoffs-victory

Student loans are temporary. Racing is forever.

Sorry about the fuel issues boxkita, it didn't feel good to flag you guys in over and over again. You shouldn't need a cell, lots of cars run stock tanks and fillers. If you hole-sawed out the anti-siphon flap and teeny fuel nozzle hole in the in oem fill, you may have messed up the sealing surface for the oem cap. A new cap might fix it, or there are marine fill caps that have the large opening and a stout sealing cap.

I might be interested in some of that machine shop stuff, hit me up with an email if you're looking to liquidate any of it. (Eriktorgeson@gmail.com). I also have access to some two post lifts, let me know what you're looking for and price range :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys in 2018.

- BullDog, AKA Lucky Dog Black Flag Guy

No hard feelings. We had a new gasket, but no joy. I think we were missing another part that put tension on the filler tube. It wasn't until my wife showed pics of the fuel spill in turn 2 that it made sense. We're lucky nothing else happened besides hosing some windshields.

I'll drop you a line about the lifts. The zero dollars option was really enticing. :)

• 2 months later...

Enough whining about poor choices...it's a new year.

Street car is running and should be road legal by next week.

Which moves racewagon into the prime work spot. Had it up on jackstands yesterday and today taking pictures of every detail.

Need to work out which items are moving and where. Dry sump tank is going in back seat for sure as I need the front passenger seat to be useful.