LegacyGT.com

regrets buying LGT?

I've had my Gt LTD for 2 weeks now and i like it more and more everyday. my last car was an 97 acura cl whicc i spent 4yrs taking it almost completely apart and modding it so i was very attached. now i know i made the right decision to sell it. my only problems with the legacy are 1. no navigation yet 2. rain and water come spilling in becuase the rain gaurd isnt very efffective 3. smelly clutch 4. procedure to get at the license plate bulbs 5. the blinker indicator is very quiet and easy to forget its on none of these really effect my opinion on the car, but if i had to find things i dont liek they would be it. the car is awesome. i learned how to drive MT on my friends 2004 325xi and i like this car much better. especially since it was $5k less.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree wholeheartedly with #2 on VXCL's list. Probably will be getting the euro rainguards soon to take care of that. Hopefully. Oh yeah, and that "can't change the head unit thing" that no one ever talks about. lol. Still riding the fence on the DRL's.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

I made a huge change coming from an 02' S2000, to the LGT and I don't regret it one bit. I do miss the top down fun, and go kart handling from time to time. But when I get into my Legacy, and have the seat warmer going, a nice quiet cabin, and the ability to punch it in 5th gear on the freeway and pull away from everyone, any feeling of regret goes away.

[quote name='ken_depew']No regrets sold my 2003 g35 6 speed sedan for this car.I love this car how it looks and the turbo pull just wish the turbo was alittle louder I like the whistle.[/QUOTE] AWESOME!!! That makes you, me, and Euclid to be official converts from some of the most daunting names in the automotive industry: Infiniti G35 Lexus IS300 Honda S2000 It really says something about the Legacy GT that ALL of us love this car more than the above!

[quote name='kinddog']AWESOME!!! That makes you, me, and Euclid to be official converts from some of the most daunting names in the automotive industry: Infiniti G35 Lexus IS300 Honda S2000 It really says something about the Legacy GT that ALL of us love this car more than the above![/QUOTE] I don't know if I'd say I love the LGT more than my S2000. They both have their positives and negatives. I'd say I love them both equally.

Wow this thread makes me feel even better about owning my GT. Also my friend bragong to his friends when they saw the car was realy cool but weird to see, you would think it was his. The legacy GT is a great car all around once again NO REGRETS

[color=black][font='Times New Roman']Hi all, first post. As I was driving past the Subaru Dealer in my white 98 Forrester I spotted a black 05 sti sitting in the corner of the lot. Something inside said I must drive that car. (Midlife crisis?) So with my 2 year old son in tow I took the sti for "the test drive". Wow! What a machine! The last sports car I had was an 87 CRX Si. After obsessing several weeks about having a fast car again, I took the sti out for another spirited ride... and then I test drove the seeming innocuous legacy. At the end of the day I decided that the sti was to just too much and legacy was more refined but still a lot of fun to drive plus you cannot deny the smell of new leather. So a loaded black LGT limited was the final choice. My only concern was the ability to upgrade. At the time of purchase I couldn't find much in the way of aftermarket parts for the car. I was actually ok with the stock setup sans the weak tires. So, to answer the question. Absolutely no regrets! After googling for someSSR rims I ended up hitting salazar racing and a certain black legacy and then this forum, Now I can't wait to throw on the pink's sway bars and 18's with quality rubber and REALLY enjoy the LegacyGT.[/font][/color] [color=black][font='Times New Roman'][/font][/color] [color=black][font='Times New Roman'] Thank you all for that, Andy[/font][/color] [color=black][font='Times New Roman'][/font][/color] [color=black][font='Times New Roman'][/font][/color]

6 months- no regrets. Great car. Replaced the tires- the car's much better. Still puts a smile on my face everyday. :D Ok, 1 regret. 1 speeding ticket on the freeway. ;) Wasn't even on purpose- just drifted up, wasn't paying attention. The car is so smooth and quiet it's too easy to drive fast in this car and not notice. Be careful! :) tom

tom :)

After owning the car for 2 months and coming from an Audi A4 Q, we have no regrets. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the A4 did, but, it's much more of a drivers car. Well I do have one regret, I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like because it's my wives daily commuter.

This is my third month and I'm still glad I got it. For the money, you can get a lot of different cars, especially if you consider the "slightly-used" market. For my $30k, I have a brand new car with plenty of power (especially at 17 psi), awesome looks, and all the features I'd want. Any that it's lacking (like navigation, 1800w rms stereo, etc) are being added at this moment.

amazing car for the price. a good blend of luxury and sports. awd on the gt legacy is really cool. you'll smoke a bunch of cars on wet pavement. my only complaint is those damn wiper blades. the stereo with sub is pretty good. tires could be better but they're not bad. best car i've bought.

[quote name='tsyGT']6 months- no regrets. Great car. Replaced the tires- the car's much better. Still puts a smile on my face everyday. :D Ok, 1 regret. 1 speeding ticket on the freeway. ;) Wasn't even on purpose- just drifted up, wasn't paying attention. The car is so smooth and quiet it's too easy to drive fast in this car and not notice. Be careful! :) tom[/QUOTE] tsyGT, I know what you mean. I've looked down at the speedo and have found myself doing 90 without even knowing it. You would think all the cars I'm passing would've given me the hint. :)

just got back fromt test driving both cars again.... like what most people said.....the legacy is a better car in all aspects. subaru is having a $1250 rebate for the impreza. its pretty tempting. all it comes down to is whatever car i can realistic afford. i don't want to be posting a "take over my payments for my LGT" thread....hehe

the TSX is a 'chick' car. (at least I mostly see women driving it around here) It's a decent car, nice interior, but inherently limited by its FWD. It's not as well sound insulated as the Legacy either. But it's less expensive than a GT ltd too. So if you live where it doesn't snow, it's ok. But it was no contest to choose my GT ltd over it! tom

tom :)

No regrets mate.. after 2 months and 1800 miles Car is unique and distinguished. A very smooth cruiser, quiet and comfy. Wicked quick if you want to get on it. It will get you to the speed limit rapidly. Be safe - this car is like a loaded handgun. Look out for idiots. BTW - wife loves it and talks it up even more than I do

[quote name='PPower']What do you think about the new tsx[/QUOTE] What do you think about the Accord? The TSX is the Euro Accord with an Acura badge on it. To make the point another way, I was a life-long Honda owner. I now own my first Subaru and haven't looked back. :cool:

Archived