LegacyGT.com

regrets buying LGT?

im about to sell my integra gsr, and im looking to join the subaru family. im torn b/w the LGT and WRX wagon. coming from the torque-less honda im use to "waiting" for the power. im big on handling, love to take those corners fast. anyways, i was just wondering if any of u guys regret buying LGT's. is it everything u expected? it seems like there's lots of WRX owners trading or selling their WRX to step up to LGT's any of u guys think about going down? what comes done to it for me really is the price. seeing if i can be just as happy buying WRX as i would be buying a LGT.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my personal take. I'm not a fan of the LGT handling though everything else about it is everything I would want in a car. It has power and luxury. Many people have been surprised how quick it is. Initially I was looking at the WRX as well but was not impressed because of the Turbo lag and the interior. The interior just seemed cheap. The dealership showed me the Legacy and I was impressed with the interior but wasn't quite sold on it. Once I took it for a test drive....WOW! No regrets yet with 6000 miles... Hope this helps.

yea motofanatic, i feel u on the interior. i test drove both of them a couple of times, im about to go again tom :) i sat on the LGT limited, man i was so nice. if i would have sold my integra, that day would have been the biggest impulse but in my life!! anyways now that i time to second guess myself to death, i dunno if i really need the LGT. from my test drives, WRX feels a lil tighter on the corners. yea...the LGT is definitely alot faster.

I don't regret it at all, even coming from an Audi S4. The stock stero sucks IMO so I replaced the speakers with Eclipse, hooked an amp up and put in a Basslink. I'm pretty happy with that sound, plus I have the stock sub under the seat. I am not that impressed with the handling, however that is due to the crap tires. I will be replacing them soon, and also have a set of STI pinks to put on. After that it should be good to go. Short answer-I don't regret buying this car at all, Love it.

The WRX wagon is more for the trashing, the GT (Limited) is more for a refined life. I didnt get another WRX after totalling my WRX because of a few reasons. 1) I dont need to make my daily driver WRX into a weekend track car 2) I need something that was more "civilized" 3) I changed my lifestyles with cars, it's NOT fun for my other passengers to ride in my WRX race car on the road 4) For the $5k price difference I was looking at ($22k WRX sedan vs $27k GT-Limited sedan), I can justify the price for more power, more comfort, more room, longer wheelbase, more standard options. 5) A WRX has more upgrade potential to get us modders in REAL big trouble with the wallet, the law, and the wife/gf haha. The GT can get there as well, but it comes with a bigger price issue. I never had a problem with the turbo lag on a WRX at all. Believe it or not, the Subaru family has some really nice aftermarket parts and support like a Honda, so if there's something you dont like, you can always add a little bit more to tailor the car to your liking. It's just that good of a support from the aftermarket community for both cars. Both cars are great choices, and Subaru happens to be the one the best car manufacturer/company I have experienced. Keefe
Keefe

I just had some bad luck since the day I got mine, but overall it's a great car. The stock stereo is ok, you need the sub because without it the sound is pretty flat (I listen to techno/trance/dance, rock, and classic rock - Beatles, Doors, etc etc.). The stock tires I feel are absolute crap. The headlights are good and nice looking. The seats are very comfortable, the seat warmers are great, the power is sweet, I like the sunroof, the interior is very tastefully done, and it sounds really nice. Also, the insurance is significantly cheaper for the Legacy by a few hundred dollars than the WRX in my area. $1275/6 months for the Legacy and $1850/6 months for the WRX. The Legacy is very very smooth, where the WRX from my understanding isn't very smooth. Go with the Legacy, you'll get more go, more style, more comfort, and more features than the WRX. - Mike

No regrets here I mean i do have a small list of complaints that most of us have: No aftermarket head unit posibility Those damn RE92's on the rims and that buzz many of us complain about Other then that I love my car and these things in no way shape or form lead me to regret getting a GT over the WRX I had wanted to get at first, and I am actualy happier that i got my Legacy. One part I love about it is that I can look extreamly professional this car and it's practical but it still nurtures my inner child that likes to drive fast too. All in all it's got lots of luxury features and tons of performance, and when i was shopping around I looked at many diferent cars and noting in the price range came close. If you want the biggest bang for your buck stop looking and get yourself a Legacy GT, you won't be dissapointed.

[quote name='frontrangeSubie']I cant figure out how you compare the WRX to the Legacy?? They are a whole different class of car....[/QUOTE] Very easy they are simar in speed, it's just weather you want the space, features, size, and Refined look of a Legacy or a smaller, lighter, spoiter, more agressive looking WRX.

[quote name='ih8vtec13']Very easy they are simar in speed, it's just weather you want the space, features, size, and Refined look of a Legacy or a smaller, lighter, spoiter, more agressive looking WRX.[/QUOTE] thank you...

[quote name='helmet10']I have both, Legacy GT ltd 5sp and 2005 WRX STI. My wife drives the legacy and wouldn't let me mod it. So I went out and bought an STI. Love both.[/QUOTE] Man! I wished I could be like you....:( btw, how does the 5sp compared to the STi 6sp?

My parents came from out of town this weekend and wanted to go to the Acura dealer to look at TLs since there's nothing near them. Well, I got the full tour of the car, and saw all the neat stuff it could do, but in the end, I was glad to get back in my car. If you're a gadget freak, you'd probably love a car like that, but I wanted a car that I loved driving. The LGT is just about right, not a million gadgets between you and the driving experience. About as buffered as the LGT gets is the DBW system, but I think it feels pretty responsive. As said above, new tires and springs and I expect to feel VERY connected to the the road. Also, I can get new tires, springs, accessport, TBE, uppipe, and aftermarket NAV, and STILL have paid less than the TL. :)

[quote name='helmet10']I have both, Legacy GT ltd 5sp and 2005 WRX STI. My wife drives the legacy and wouldn't let me mod it. So I went out and bought an STI. Love both.[/QUOTE] Just mod a few things that your wife wont know, like springs, and accessport.. your wife wont know what she doesnt see ;) Keefe
Keefe

We traded a stock WRX wagon in to get the LGT-L wagon. The LGT-L is better in every way....handles better, smoother, faster, nicer inside, etc. My only regret is that I didn't mind taking the WRX on fireroads to go camping - it was quite fun actually. I would never do that with the LGT. It's more of a mental block than a performance issue really.....that and 16" gumballs work better on dirt than 17 low profile tires. If it were a deal-breaker for me, I would have bought the Outback XT instead.

[quote name='!S4']My parents came from out of town this weekend and wanted to go to the Acura dealer to look at TLs since there's nothing near them. Well, I got the full tour of the car, and saw all the neat stuff it could do, but in the end, I was glad to get back in my car. If you're a gadget freak, you'd probably love a car like that, but I wanted a car that I loved driving. The LGT is just about right, not a million gadgets between you and the driving experience. About as buffered as the LGT gets is the DBW system, but I think it feels pretty responsive. As said above, new tires and springs and I expect to feel VERY connected to the the road. Also, I can get new tires, springs, accessport, TBE, uppipe, and aftermarket NAV, and STILL have paid less than the TL. :)[/QUOTE] My wife drives a TL and every Friday she drives my GT Limited wagon and she says that she likes the handling of the GT better than her car. The only thing that I like about the TL are the gadgets and nav. I used to have a WRX with modded suspension and I love the handling, my LGT so far only has the pink springs installed with 18" wheels and it handles nice but not as close to my WRX but it will be once I get the other suspension parts :)

[quote name='Xenonk']Just mod a few things that your wife wont know, like springs, and accessport.. your wife wont know what she doesnt see ;) Keefe[/QUOTE] I agree and she will love you more :D wife: honey, how come my car is faster and handle better you: I dunno :)

[quote name='WRX_LGT']I agree and she will love you more :D wife: honey, how come my car is faster and handle better you: I dunno :)[/QUOTE] Easy answer: Oh, the car's just getting broke in. Just wait, it'll get better. ;)

Archived