LegacyGT.com

Tire Shaving Service- Shop Recommendation?

Hanger

Anyone know anyplace that offer this service?

I'm currently own 4 General Exclaim UHP (7k miles on them), and after my run-in with a metal pipe on the freeway causing my Driver front tire to blow. Luckily the tire was covered under warranty from America's Tire..

here's my story

Hey guys, i've just got back from America's Tire. The good news is the wheel is not cracked or bent and i've got the new tire replaced.

But the service guy told me it's not recommended to run 1 new tire along with 3 used tires. But the other 3 only have 7k on them, and i said it shouldn't be that bad. But he reaffirmed me about the issues it can cause with Subaru's AWD.

Then i asked him, if i can just get them shaved, he said no body does that business anymore. But if i remember correctly, i've seen people mentioned getting their tires shaved on car forums

Anyways, then i called Mark, since he's the track guru, and he said the guy must've just wanted me to buy 3 more new tires, and he said the circumference shouldn't be that bad being only 7k mile, so it should work.

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Honestly I think this only applies to the GT's with the 50/50 and 40/50 bias.

On the 2.5 with is 90/10 I think it is not much of an issue, but what do I know.

I am on the same boat!

x

---

Dude- you live in SoCal. They do everything there...

I think the shop that Brian Spilner worked at did that service. Under the counter of course...

I'll be right back with the name of his speed shop...

Dude- you live in SoCal. They do everything there...

I think the shop that Brian Spilner worked at did that service. Under the counter of course...

I'll be right back with the name of his speed shop...

are you joking or are you serious? LOL

○ ○ ○

You do not need to shave your new tire with only 7k miles on a slow wearing tire like the Generals. I have around that much mileage on my Generals and you hardly even see any wear. Just put on the new tire and call it a day.

yea i measure the tire circumference between the new and the old, merely 1 cm differences so i've just put them on.

○ ○ ○

But the unlucky saga continues...

on Saturday, i was swapping my Rotas with the wheel i've borrowed from another member... i've got the 2 passenger side off and on the car and took off the driver front wheel, and when i was mounting my Rota (the one with the replaced new tire) i looked at it once... twice... then i realized THE TIRE WAS PUT ON DIFFERENT DIRECTION!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I called America's Tire in city of Industry pissed and they said bring it over and they'll switch it for me. I told them how my car isn't drivable since it's there are 2 sets of wheels on each side of the car :lol:

Ended up having to borrow my mom's car and went to the Pasadena location, brought the Driver front which the tire is on backwards, n my driver rear becaue it had an nail in it...

Damn this wasted 5 hours of my time on Sat. and muscle sore on Sunday til right now... :(

○ ○ ○

Archived